- Spears Home
- About Us
- Events & Programs
- 2023 Entrepreneurial Learning Activities
- Business Plan Competition
- Experience Expo
- Fail Up Night
- Pitch and Poster Competition
- Riata Faculty Fellows Program
- Riata Reverse Pitch Challenge
- The Riata Project
- Startup Weekend
- Tulsa Startup Series
- Veteran's Entrepreneurship Program
- White Box
- Student-led Initiatives
- Student Resources
- Student Resources
- Study Abroad
- Institute for Free Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- CIE Scholars Program
- OSU I-Corps
- Event Request Information
- Patent and Trademark Resource Center (OSU Library)
- Oklahoma State University Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
Stillwater Startup Weekend UNI
Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures. It is the largest community of passionate entrepreneurs with over 2,900 past events in 150 countries around the world.
In just 54 hours, you will experience the highs, lows, fun, and pressure that make up life at a startup. As you learn how to create a real company, you’ll meet the very best mentors, investors, co-founders, and sponsors who are ready to help you get started.
Stillwater Startup Weekend is open to any student attending Oklahoma State University no matter their major. Early Bird Registration price per ticket is $30.00 from January 14 – March 17. Beginning March 18 thru March 24 ticket prices will increase to $40.00. The final date to purchase a Startup Weekend ticket is March 24, 2019, at Midnight.
- All Meals Provided (Friday – Sunday: approx. 6 meals + sodas, coffee, energy drinks, snacks)
- Guidance from numerous mentors from OSU and the greater Stillwater Community
- A free .co domain name
- A network of new developer, designer & entrepreneurial friends
- Swag for the weekend (2017 participants received Entrepreneurship swag, portable cell phone chargers, and swell bottles)
To learn more about what to expect at Startup Weekend and find answers to some FAQs visit the Startup Weekend Organization page.
In 2017 The Riata Center for Entrepreneurship hosted its third annual OSU Startup Weekend Uni which serviced over 80 students from varies majors across the Oklahoma State University campus at Kicker World Headquarters in Stillwater, OK. Each attendee had the opportunity not only to pitch their entrepreneurial ideas to a room of their peers but vote and form teams around their top eight favorites. 54 hours later, with enough creativity, innovation, and red bull, eight startups were founded and ready to be presented in front of a panel of professional judges and peers that would determine our top three teams and honorable mention.
First Place was awarded to team Auto-Exit and team members Blake LeBlanc, Austin Anderson, Hannah Weilert, Hector Palafox, and Maliya Randall.
Second Place was awarded to team Park-It and team members Guillame Dorne, Gabriel Fatone, Lucas Berlanga, Sergio Sanchez, Kaushik Gnanaskandan, and Jasmine Roe.
Third Place was awarded to team AutoScribe and team members Jack Swanson, Carter Files, Austin Beaver, Gabrielle Moayedi, Jackson Moore, Sam Hogle, and Bianca Brown.
Honorable Mention went to team Starving Artist and team members Ligia Espinosa, Megan McKenna, Connor Harris, Blayke Storm, Michael Iseman, Ganesh Nomula, Alexyss Rains, and Kayla Coomer.
For more information or questions please contact the Riata Center for Entrepreneurship at 405-744-7552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit us on campus in the New Spears School of Business Room 130.