Veterans Entrepreneurship Program
Concept Development & Self-Study
Jan. 16 – Feb. 18, 2024
Phase One: Delegates participate in a five-week self-study curriculum facilitated by an online discussion and assessment module moderated by Riata Center staff.
VEP Boot Camp
Feb. 24 – Mar. 3, 2024
Phase Two: Like a military Boot Camp, this eight-day residency in Stillwater, Okla. is intense, rigorous, and demanding. Delegates are exposed to the “nuts and bolts” of business ownership through experiential workshops and liaison from world-class faculty and seasoned entrepreneurs representing nationally ranked programs around the country
Topics to be addressed include:
- What’s a good business concept and how can I determine if my idea is a good one?
- Do I really need a business plan and, if so, how can I write a great one?
- What do I need to know about my customers and market, and where do I find answers?
- How much money do I need and how do I get it?
- How do I make sense of the numbers, and which numbers really matter?
- What’s an economic or profit model, and does mine make sense?
- What do I need to know about operations and service delivery?
- What is guerrilla marketing? Are there ways to do more with marketing while spending less?
- Which activities should I outsource and what do I need to know about hiring employees?
- Where do I go to get the information I need to organize my new venture?