How are we doing?
Post-graduation data was gathered on 73% of the 1130 students who graduated with a BSBA degree in 2022.
Within 6 months of graduation, 96% of students had employment, job offers or other plans, such as graduate school, within 6 months of graduation.
The average reported salary was $56,550.
Of students responding, 10% were enrolled and pursuing advanced degrees.
Post-graduation data was gathered on 89% of the 305 students who graduated with a master’s degree in 2022. The percent who had employment, job offers or other plans within six months of graduation:
- MBA graduates – 99%
- MS-Accounting graduates – 100%
- MS-Business Analytics graduates – 100%
- MS-Management Information Systems graduates – 88%
- MS-Quantitative Financial Economics graduates – 100%
The average reported salary was $89,261.
Post-graduation data was gathered on 93% of the 27 students who graduated with a Ph.D. in Business Administration in 2022, and 100% had employment or job offers within six months of graduation. The average and median salary for these graduates was $107,526.
86.7% of students who were classified as new freshmen in the Spears School of Business in Fall 2021 were still at OSU in Fall 2022.
The most recent four-year graduation rate for new freshmen in the Spears School of Business is 68.7%, and the six-year graduation rate is 71.4%.
Certification Pass Rates
According to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), the 2021 CPA exam pass rates were as follows:
- The CPA exam pass rate for students who completed an advanced degree at Oklahoma State University in 2021 was 76.67%. (Note: Eligibility to sit for the exam requires 150 completed hours, equivalent to an undergraduate and master’s degree, and is the path we encourage for aspiring CPAs.).
- The CPA exam pass rate for students who completed only an undergraduate degree at Oklahoma State University and were taking the exam for the first time was 50%.
- The average CPA exam scores for master's students in 2021: FAR 80, AUD 76, BEC 84, REG 80.
Both of the preceding rates exceed the state and national pass rates and the pass rates of AACSB-accredited business schools.
SAS certification pass rates for 2022 are:
- Base SAS programming certification/SAS Certified Associate* – 53% (2019 cohort), 67% (2020 cohort), 100% (cohort 2021)
- Advanced SAS programming certification* – 100% (2019 cohort), 100% (2020 cohort), 100% (cohort 2021)
- SAS Predictive Modeling* – 71% (2019 cohort), 52% (2020 cohort), 50% (cohort 2021)
* Students who took the exam