How are we doing?
Post-graduation data was gathered on 83.5% of the 1,154 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree in 2019.
Within three months, 92.6% had employment, job offers or other plans. The average reported salary was $49,498 with 12.5 percent of all students reporting plans for advanced degrees.
Post-graduation data was gathered on 94.9% of the 297 students who graduated with a master’s degree in 2019. The percent who had employment, job offers, or other plans within three months of graduation:
- MBA graduates – 97.3% (98.6% for US citizens; 71.4% for international graduates)
- MS-Accounting graduates – 100.0%
- MS-Business Analytics and Data Science graduates – 92.7% (100% for US citizens; 90.6% for international graduates)
- MS-Hospitality and Tourism Management – 100.%
- MS-Management Information Systems graduates – 94.1% (100% for US citizens; 94.1% for international graduates)
- MS-Quantitative Finance graduates – 100%
Post-graduation data was gathered on 94% of the 34 students who graduated with a Ph.D. in Business Administration in 2019. 97% had employment or job offers within three months of graduation. The average salary for these graduates was $140,598 and the median salary was $142,500.
87.7% of students who were classified as new freshmen in the Spears School of Business in fall 2019 were still at OSU in fall 2020. The retention rate for new transfer students during the same time period was 86.3%.
The most recent six-year graduation rate for new freshmen in the Spears School of Business is 72.0%.
Certification Pass Rates
According to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), the 2019 CPA exam pass rates were as follows:
- The CPA exam pass rate for students who completed an advanced degree at Oklahoma State University was 64.7%. (Note: Eligibility to sit for the exam requires 150 completed hours, which is the equivalent of an undergraduate and master’s degree, and is the path we encourage for aspiring CPAs.)
- The CPA exam pass rate for students who completed only an undergraduate degree at Oklahoma State University and were taking the exam for the first time was 68.1%.
Both of the preceding rates exceed the state and national pass rates and the pass rates of AACSB-accredited business schools.
SAS certification pass rates for 2019-20 are:
- Base SAS programming certification – 53% (2019 cohort)
- Advanced SAS programming certification – 100% (2019 cohort)
- SAS Predictive Modeling – 71% (2019 cohort)