How are we doing?
Post-graduation data was gathered on 81.1% of the 1,101 students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2018.
Within three months, 94.3 percent had employment, job offers or other plans. The average reported salary was $47,841 with 10.2 percent of all students reporting plans for advanced degrees.
Post-graduation data was gathered on 95.8% of the 259 students who graduated with a master’s degree in 2018.
The percent who had employment, job offers or other plans within three months of graduation:
- MBA graduates – 96.7% employed
- M.S. in Accounting graduates – 97.3% employed
- M.S. in Business Analytics graduates – 92.9% employed
- M.S. in Entrepreneurship graduates – 100.0% employed
- M.S. in Management Info. Systems graduates – 86.2% employed
- M.S. in Quantitative Financial Economics graduates – 100% employed
- M.S. in Information Assurance graduates – 85.7% employed
The average reported salary was $77,032.
NOTE: The lowest placement rates tend to correspond to degree programs that have a high proportion of international students and the accompanying visa-related issues with respect to job placement.
Post-graduation data was gathered on 100% of the two students who graduated with a Ph.D. in Business Administration in 2018.
All had employment or job offers within thee months of graduation. The average and median salary for these graduates was $144,750.
83.4% of students who were classified as new freshmen in the Spears School of Business in fall 2017 were still at OSU in fall 2018. The retention rate for new transfer students during the same time period was 80.7%.
The most recent six-year graduation rate for new freshmen in the Spears School of Business is 74.7%.
Certification Pass Rates
According to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), the 2018 CPA exam pass rates for first-time exam takers were as follows:
- The CPA exam pass rate for students who completed an advanced degree at Oklahoma State University and were taking the exam for the first time was 85.7%, which was highest in the state. (Note: Eligibility to sit for the exam requires 150 completed hours, which is the equivalent of an undergraduate and master’s degree, and is the path we encourage for aspiring CPAs.)
- The CPA exam pass rate for students who completed only an undergraduate degree at Oklahoma State University and were taking the exam for the first time was 59%, which exceeds the state and national average pass rates.
SAS certifications pass rates for 2018-19 are:
- Base SAS programming certification – 100.0%
- Advanced SAS programming certification – 61.0%
- SAS Predictive Modeling Using SAS Enterprise Miner 14 Exam – 88%