Business Plan Competition
Remaining Competition Schedule
November 19, 2023
Teams must submit a 2-5 page Executive Summary to the Riata Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at email@example.com (late submissions not accepted)
December 15, 2023
Top finalists announced.
Richard L. Tourtellotte scholarship application deadline.
January 21, 2024
Final presentations due no later than 11:59 PM CST. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Final Competition and Awards Ceremony on January 26, 2024.
Main Street Lifestyles
This category is for small business startups whose products or services are readily available to the general public. Businesses in category may have a brick and mortar location or run a retail operation completely online. Main Street businesses innovate through execution and differentiation strategies.
Big City/High Tech
This category is for high tech startups that have some sort of intellectual property at the core of their technology offerings. Businesses in this category will usually have patents to disclose or have a unique offering that can scale into large industries. High Tech businesses innovate through technology and go-to market strategies.
Richard L. Tourtellotte Family Scholarship
The Richard L. Tourtellotte Family Scholarship is designed to encourage business creation in Oklahoma and academic study of how governments and the private sector can work together to grow economies and create jobs. The family of Richard L. Tourtellotte created the scholarship to reflect their father's value in hard work and problem solving during a multi-faceted career. He owned and operated Oklahoma businesses for 50+ years and spend two decades in public service, including posts with U.S. Senators Henry Bellmon and Don Nickles, where he helped solve business issues impacting the state and its residents.
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2023*
- Must be participating in the Riata Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship's Business Plan Competition.
- Open to ALL currently enrolled OSU undergraduate or graduate student.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Completed application.
- 250-word essay on how the public and private sectors can work together to foster economic development.
*After the submission deadline, all applicants will be reviewed by our selection committee and the scholarship recipient selected will be announced at the awards ceremony on January 26, 2024.
- The recipient of the Richard L. Tourtellotte Family Scholarship will receive a $3,000 award.
- To acknowledge their accomplishment, recipients of the Richard L. Tourtellotte Family Scholarship will receive naming recognition in the Tourtellotte Family Garden's benches, located on the north side of the Business Building.
Alison Conway is the recipient of the 2023 Richard L. Tourtellotte Family Scholarship.