Frequently asked questions
- Do I need to submit original transcripts when applying for the MS program?
All applicants are required upload a “copy” of their transcript for bachelor’s degree(s) conferred or pending, and for any graduate or professional coursework or degrees with an official translation. The copies will be sufficient for the review process. Upon your arrival on campus, you must present your original degree certificate to the Graduate College.
- Do I need to submit GRE/GMAT scores when applying for the MS program?GRE/GMAT is optional for MS applications. Applicants can decide if they would like to submit a copy in the application process.
- Can the English proficiency (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS) requirement be waived?To be considered for admission, international applicants are expected to submit evidence of English proficiency in the form of official scores of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or PTE Academic examinations. A waiver of this requirement can be obtained for applicants who have completed a baccalaureate or graduate degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, at which English is the primary language of instruction and located in a country in which English is a recognized primary language. Please check the list of OSU approved English Speaking countries.
- Can the application fee be waived?A non-refundable fee of $75 for each submitted application. Fee waivers are not available for international students, except current OSU students or alumni, who are eligible for a single application fee waiver. This is managed by the Graduate College.
- Can applications be submitted after the deadline?Application materials should be submitted by the deadline dates posted on our website. Please remember that a “deadline” is not a suggested date—it is set on a specific date for a reason. Our first impression of an applicant is from their application, which includes meeting the application deadlines.
- Can I apply for summer admission to the MS program?HTM offers fall and spring admission options. We do not take new MS students in the summer semester.
- How long are the semesters?Academic semesters at OSU are 16 weeks. While the exact start and end dates vary each semester, the spring semesters are mid-January through early May, and fall semesters are mid-August through mid-December. Courses offered during the summer (May, June and July) may be four to eight weeks in length but will still cover the same amount of material in a 16-week semester. Online courses, graduate Internship, and study abroad programs are popular options for the summer semester.