- Spears Home
- About Us
- Career Services
- Online Learning
- MBA Concentrations
- Master’s Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Online Options
|U.S. Citizens or Applicants who reside
within the U.S.
|International applicants who reside
outside the U.S.
|Semester||Application Deadline||Semester||Application Deadline|
|Fall 2017||July 1, 2017||Fall 2017||March 1, 2017|
|Spring 2017*||November 1, 2016||Spring 2017*||August 1, 2016|
*Full-time applicants should submit for the Fall semester (special permission required for Spring full-time admissions)
All required application materials must be received by the Graduate College prior to the published deadlines in order to be reviewed for admission. Applications that are incomplete at the deadline will not be reviewed.
Complete applications will be given priority review for admissions.
GMAT or GRE tests should be scheduled accordingly so that scores arrive prior to deadlines.
- Graduate College application form
- Three names and email addresses for recommenders included on the form.
- Completed (or soon to be completed) B.S. degree (transcripts required)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of interest as to purpose in pursuing an M.S. in IA degree.
- A short statement of a possible research topic in the IA area (assist in formulating a plan of study upon admittance).
- GMAT or GRE, with scores above 51st percentile in each of the test areas.
Program admission decisions are made by committee based upon the entire application packet.
- Applicants who wish to take the program part-time and/or through on-line versions of the classes with 3-5 years of strong IT (information technology) experience and who earned at least a 3.0 GPA in their undergraduate studies at an accredited U.S. University can request a waiver of the GMAT/GRE.
- Students graduating with a B.S. degree in a STEM discipline at OSU (MIS, CS, ECEN, MATH, etc.) with a 3.0 GPA or higher can also request a waiver of the GMAT/GRE
- Students graduating with a B.S. in IT degree from OSU-IT with a 3.0 GPA or higher can also request a waiver of item the GMAT/GRE
The committee will still assess the entire application packet in these cases and may request the applicant to provide additional information (including GMAT and GRE scores).
Transcripts are required to be submitted as part of the application materials. Unofficial copies can be attached to the application for admissions review, but if an applicant is offered admission to this program, official transcripts are required by the Graduate College as soon as possible. Official transcripts should be sent from the undergraduate institution directly to the Graduate College, either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org,, or hard copies mailed to OSU Graduate College, 202 Whitehurst, Stillwater, OK 74078.
Recommendation letters are not required to be submitted on company letterhead. While letterhead is recommended, it is not required. The recommender should include his/her name, title, company name, and contact information on the letter, as appropriate.
Test Codes: GMAT (Institution code V0W-5VB-42) or GRE (Institution code R6546)
International students: A TOEFL or IELTS score may be required for admission to OSU, as indicated by the Graduate College. If a TOEFL/IELTS is required, then the minimum TOEFL score for admission to our Program is 89 ibt; the minimum IELTS score is 6.5. (Institution code for TOEFL and IELTS: 6546). If neither test is required, then our Program will not require a score for admissions. IELTS scores should be submitted directly to the Graduate College electronically by request from the testing service. Hard copies of these test scores are no longer accepted.
Please see our list of Frequently Asked Questions for details on application content.