Building Business Acumen for Gaming is new conference
Monday, April 11, 2022
What does it take to be successful in the gaming industry in 2022? Find out at the Building Business Acumen for Gaming Conference on April 25-28 at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Tulsa. This new, multi-day conference is offered by Oklahoma State University's Spears School of Business and the University of Nevada-Reno.
For three decades, Oklahoma has been an excellent example of tribal governments, elected officials, business owners and community leaders working together to create a powerful engine for economic growth. However, as with any industry, change is inevitable. This conference will focus on emerging topics — including change management, navigating a post-COVID landscape, and data analytics and cybersecurity issues — that are practical and will make a difference to the success of your casino in your industry.
Building Business Acumen for Gaming is ideal for key directors, managers and supervisors involved in the productivity and profitability of a property that may include data analysis of areas, oversight of projects and strategic planning.
Conference topics and speakers include the following:
- “Leading through Change in the Gaming Industry” with Matt Bowler, Associate Professor of Management, Spears School of Business, OSU
- “A New World in Hospitality” with Steven West, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Assistant Director of University Dining Services, OSU
- “Data Analytics in the Gaming Industry” with Dr. Ramesh Sharda and Dr. Goutam Chakraborty, Spears School of Business, OSU
- “Strategy and Tactics via Business Simulation: Bringing it all Together” with Dr. Goutam Chakraborty, Spears School of Business, OSU
- “The Future of Cybersecurity and Data Privacy / Developing Proactive Cybersecurity in the Gaming Industry” with Scott Brady, Partner, SVP Business Development, and Corey White, Partner and SVP, Future Point of View
Building Business Acumen for Gaming is coordinated by the OSU Center for Executive and Professional Development. For more information about Building Business Acumen for Gaming, contact Rebecca Ramsey at 918-594-8218 or Rebecca.Ramsey@okstate.edu.
Registration is $3,490 per person and includes instruction, photo/holder, selected materials (handouts, shirt, mug, etc.), breakfast, break refreshments, and lunch each day. To register, visit https://business.okstate.edu/cepd/programs/building_business_acumen_for_gaming.html
A Certificate in Building Business Acumen for Gaming will be awarded following the completion of the 27 hours of instruction offered in this program. These sessions can also be counted toward the Certificate in Gaming Management offered by the University of Nevada, Reno.