Riata Startup Experience
Have an idea?
Phase one: Learn
- A 12-week cohort in the fall or spring semester focusing on product and customer validation
- Maximum of ten participants or teams accepted annually
- Required workshops, one-on-one meetings, and venture development milestones
- Guided by Riata Center staff, School of Entrepreneurship faculty, RSX alumni, and community mentors
Phase two: Engage
- Graduates of Phase One
- A 12-week cohort in the fall or spring semester focusing on venture specific milestones
- Assigned a Riata Center staff or School of Entrepreneurship faculty advisor
- Required workshops and one-on-one meetings
- Private workspace in the Riata Center for Entrepreneurship
- Continued guidance from Riata Center staff, School of Entrepreneurship faculty, RSX alumni, and community mentors
Phase three: Launch
For more information on Phase Three, please visit our Greiner Summer Business Accelerator webpage
Participants will demonstrate the following:
Market validation & venture development
Successfully perform a feasibility analysis to understand: problem-solution, customer, industry and market validation. Venture specific development includes financials, entity formation, etc.
Pitching & presentation skills
Learn how to speak about the venture by developing a pitch deck using fact-based and data-driven evidence to educate others on their concept.
Professional skills & networking
Develop professional skills as it pertains to working with mentors, Professors of Practice, and other key members of the venture development ecosystem.