- Spears Home
- About Us
- Events & Programs
- 2023 Entrepreneurial Learning Activities
- Business Plan Competition
- Experience Expo
- Fail Up Night
- Pitch and Poster Competition
- Riata Faculty Fellows Program
- Riata Reverse Pitch Challenge
- The Riata Project
- Startup Weekend
- Tulsa Startup Series
- Veteran's Entrepreneurship Program
- White Box
- Student-led Initiatives
- Student Resources
- Student Resources
- Riata Pre-Seed Fund
- Study Abroad
- Institute for Free Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- CIE Scholars Program
- OSU I-Corps
- Event Request Information
- Patent and Trademark Resource Center (OSU Library)
- Oklahoma State University Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
Riata Business Plan Competition
The Riata Business Plan Competition is the premier business plan competition hosted by The School of Entrepreneurship and the Riata Center for Entrepreneurship. The competition is open to all Oklahoma State University students of any discipline with or without business experience. The goal of the competition is to promote entrepreneurship and small business development by focusing on student created, managed, and owned ventures. Students are provided with expert feedback and the opportunity to win cash prizes to help fund their ventures.
The 2019 Competition will three competition tracks for students to choose from.
- Main Street Lifestyles: This category is for small business startups whose products or services are readily available to the general public. Business in this category may have a brick and mortar location or run a retail operation completely online. Main Street businesses innovate through execution and differentiation strategies.
- High Tech Business: This category is for high tech startups that have some sort of intellectual property at the core of their technology offerings. Businesses in this category will usually have patents to disclose or have a unique offering that can scale into large industries. High Tech businesses innovate through technology and go-to-market strategies.
- Social Enterprise: This category is for social endeavors that are trying to develop, fund, and implement solutions to social, cultural or environmental issues. Business in this category can focus on either domestic or international issues in an attempt to better society.
November 26, 2018 – Intent to Compete Due
- Interested parties are required to fill out our registration form HERE, to tell us who you are, what you do, and which track you would like to compete in.
- Please review our Business Plan Competition Guidelines for more information.
December 14, 2018 – 10-Page Business Plan Submission Deadline
- All entrants must submit a 10-page business plan to the Riata Center for Entrepreneurship at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 16, 2019 – Top 19 Finalist Announced
- Judges will review all business plans and based on the judging criteria, the top 19 teams will be announced to compete in the final live presentation round of the competition on February 1, 2019.
February 1, 2019 – Live Riata Business Plan Competition
- Finalists will present their idea in a 10-minute presentation to a group of competition judges and individuals in attendance. All winners will be announced at the conclusion of the day at our awards reception.
For More Information
Please contact Chad Mills at the Riata Center for Entrepreneurship, by phone: 405-744-7552 or by email: email@example.com.