Internships provide students with an opportunity to gain career-related experience, explore work in a realistic setting, improve marketability upon graduation, enhance the connection between academic theory and work, and develop a professional network.
- Pick up description of MKTG 3873 from Marketing Office to find out what requirements must be met for a position to qualify as an internship for this program.
- Locate internship possibilities by sending resumes, filling out applications or interviewing.
- Get approval (signature of the professor) to enroll in the course.
- Accept internship
- Participate in internship
- Fulfill MKTG 3873 requirements to receive credit.
A marketing internship’s purpose is to provide students with an experiential learning opportunity. By working, students are expected to learn, use and develop professional marketing knowledge and skills.
Good internship experiences allow the intern to assist with a variety of tasks within the firm. This provides two outstanding benefits. First, the employer has an opportunity to see the intern in action without having made a permanent employment commitment. This is a tremendous benefit to firms using the internship as a part of their recruitment and training program. Second, the intern benefits from the mentoring process experienced and gains a broader view of the business. The preparation of an internship moves the student toward acceptance of higher levels of responsibility.
The success of an internship is the result of a team effort between the employer, student, and faculty advisor.
Begin your search for an internship by visiting the following web sites or visiting Spears School Career Services Office (112 Business Building)
On Campus Recruiting through Spears School Career Services
Job Listings available at OSU Career Services Web Site
Reference Material (Opportunities in many areas including marketing)
Career Services Library
- Peterson’s Internships (40.000 opportunities in various areas)
- The Internship Bible (100.000 opportunities in various areas)
- Hilti Inc.
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Division of Darton-Hudson Corp. (Target Stores)
- Automatic Data Processing
- Black and Decker / DeWalt
- Prudential Preferred Financial Services
- World Publishing Company / Tulsa World
- Northwest Mutual
- Stillwater Medical Center
- Perry Memorial Hospital
- Silver Dollar City, Inc.
- Metropolitan Tulsa Chamber of Commerce
- Norwest Financial Oklahoma Inc.
- Irish Realty Corporation
- Dillard's Department Store
- Stanford Group Company
- Ackerman McQueen
- The Nordam Group – World Aviation Associates
- The Churchill Group
- Marketing Information Network
- David Leadbetter Golf Academy