to be entrepreneurs
What to expect if accepted
- Up to $3,000 in NSF funding available.
- Establish an initial business model and product-market fit.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills including how to engage customers.
- Formulate an I-Corps team with required members.
- Prepare for I-Corps Hub National Cohort application.
- Gain eligibility to apply for an I-Corps Hub National Cohort and its $50,000 grant award if no prior NSF lineage.
Time requirementsThe program lasts three weeks and includes one lecture each week. Teams allocate time for customer discovery interviews and will watch self-paced videos prior to the first week of I-Corps. The $3,000 pays for travel costs for team members to speak with customers during customer interviews. The funding is awarded after a short grant application is submitted.
- A minimum of two people is required to make up an I-Corps team (entrepreneurial lead and technical lead) with a maximum of four members.
- The technical lead will typically be a faculty member, senior research scientist or postdoctoral scholar.
- The entrepreneurial lead is typically a student or other personnel with relevant knowledge of the technology.