to be entrepreneurs
- Receive $2,500 in NSF funding for travel reimbursement and stipends to help you conduct interviews.
- Gain eligibility to apply for an I-Corps' $50,000 National Program.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills including how to engage customers.
- Discover your initial business model and product-market fit for use in commercialization plans like SBIR/STTR grants.
Time requirementsThe program consists of four sessions over the course of five weeks with customer discovery interviews taking place between each session. The $2,500 pays for travel costs for teams to conduct 30 interviews.
Next cohort dates in 2024: -
- Feb. 6
- Feb. 9
- Feb. 23
- March 8
- A minimum of two people is required to make up an I-Corps team (entrepreneurial lead and technical lead) with a maximum of four members.
- The technical lead will typically be a faculty member, senior research scientist or postdoctoral scholar.
- The entrepreneurial lead is typically a student or other personnel with relevant knowledge of the technology.