Prepare for the
Internships provide students with an opportunity to gain career-related experience, explore work in a realistic setting, improve marketability upon graduation, enhance the connection between academic theory and work, and develop a professional network.
- Pick up description of MKTG 3873 from Marketing Office to find out what requirements must be met for a position to qualify as an internship for this program.
- Locate internship possibilities by sending resumes, filling out applications or interviewing.
- Get approval (signature of the professor) to enroll in the course.
- Accept internship
- Participate in internship
- Fulfill MKTG 3873 requirements to receive credit.
Advice from Jerry Rackley
Jerry Rackley, executive-in-residence, offers advice to students who are preparing to enter the workforce for the first time, either as an intern or on a full-time basis after graduating.
- The ability to multi-task
- The ability to communicate
- How to effectively defend a project or idea
- Understand office politics
- Your performance will be measured
- Scope of expertise
- Fiscal responsibility
- Preapproved internships
- Hilti Inc.
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Division of Darton-Hudson Corp. (Target Stores)
- Automatic Data Processing
- Black and Decker / DeWalt
- Prudential Preferred Financial Services
- World Publishing Company / Tulsa World
- Northwest Mutual
- Stillwater Medical Center
- Perry Memorial Hospital
- Silver Dollar City, Inc.
- Metropolitan Tulsa Chamber of Commerce
- Norwest Financial Oklahoma Inc.
- Irish Realty Corporation
- Dillard's Department Store
- Stanford Group Company
- Ackerman McQueen
- The Nordam Group – World Aviation Associates
- The Churchill Group
- Marketing Information Network
- David Leadbetter Golf Academy