Oklahoma State University MS BAnDS students earn top spots at national competition
Thursday, February 23, 2023
OSU business analytics students recently earned second and third place in the Master’s Student Paper Competition at the 52nd Southeast Decision Science Institute Conference in Wilmington, North Carolina.
Six teams who were made up of 12 OSU MS Business Analytics and Data Science students traveled to North Carolina to present their research at the Master’s Student Paper Competition.
Sai Sreeshma Thupakula and Nitika Dwivedi won second place for their paper entitled Forecasting Tommy Hilfiger Revenue using Twitter Sentiments and Marketing-Customer Interaction. Srinivas Pramodh Kotipalli and Neeraj Kankani took third place for their paper, Analysis of Social Media Interactions about COVID-19 and its impact on Vaccination.
Other OSU students who presented their research were:
- Amani Kolli and Raja Ranjan Bobba
- Research paper - Better Approach to Predict Churn
- Suraj Goel and Tanushree Ghosh
- Research paper - Prediction of Merchandize Store’s Revenue based on data Collected on Google Analytics 360
- Noreen Chihora and Sushma Reddy Mandhadapu
- Research paper - A study to determine the accurate algorithm for house price prediction
- Sarik Koirala and Srishti Srivastava
- Research paper - Augmenting Collaborative Filtering Model Based Approach by RFM Methodology while also Improving Customer Loyalty through Business Analytic Processes
“We are very proud of our MS BAnDS students who worked hard to develop their research ideas, acquire and analyze data, and write and present a research paper at the SEDSI conference,” said Dr. Goutam Chakraborty, director of the business analytics and data science program. “This is the second time we participated in the conference and winning two of the top three spots in the 2023 Master’s Student Paper Competition is a great achievement.”
For more information about the master’s in business analytics and data science program at OSU, visit the website.