OSU hosts online series on Achieving Excellence in a Virtual World
Tuesday, September 8, 2020
The Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University will host a virtual series
on Achieving Excellence in a Virtual World in October and November. This intensive
online learning series will improve the communication and leadership skills of first-time
managers and mid-level supervisors. Each virtual presentation is one-and-a-half hours
and includes questions and answers.
“This virtual series will help managers and supervisors work with geographically dispersed employees,” said Dr. Raj Basu, a member of the management faculty in Spears Business. “Participants will learn how to create organizational systems that maximize virtual team and individual performance while working remotely.”
Achieving Excellence in a Virtual World is a six-week online series from Oct. 16 to Nov. 18. Cost for the six presentations is $765 (15% discount). Individual virtual presentations are $150. The topics and speakers are:
- Leading Employees Virtually with Dr. Raj Basu, management faculty,
- Accessing and Engaging Employees Virtually with Dr. Bryan Edwards, associate director of research, Eastin Center for Career Readiness, Joe Synar Chair and associate professor of management.
- Accountability in a Virtual World with Pearl Sumathi, management assistant professor of professional practice,
- Effective Virtual Meetings with Abbey Davis, director, Eastin Center for Career Readiness, adjunct instructor,
- Expanding Your Influence in the Virtual Workplace with James Stapp, management lecturer of business communications, Department of Management,
- Leading Change in a Changing World with Dr. Matt Bowler, associate professor of management.
For more information about this program and registration visit the program website
or contact the Center for Executive and Professional Development at 405-744-5208 or firstname.lastname@example.org.