Women's Business Leadership Conference goes virtual
Thursday, February 4, 2021
The Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University and the Oklahoma International Women’s Forum (OIWF) will celebrate a 30-year partnership by hosting the Women’s Business Leadership – Pearls of Wisdom Conference virtually March 3-4 from 9 a.m. to noon. Participants are invited to register for improved skills in business and leadership while receiving inspiration from business professionals across the country.
The OIWF has partnered with OSU for the past 30 years in providing speakers with national and international reputations in business and industry. Lou C. Kerr, chair of the OIWF and president and chair of The Kerr Foundation, has been instrumental in bringing many of the speakers to Oklahoma.
“The virtual format will allow participants to link in across states and nations and we are so excited to be offering the conference through this venue,” Kerr said.
The topics and speakers for the conference are:
- Diving for Pearls – Q&A with Dr. Kayse Shrum, D.O., President, OSU Center for Health Sciences, and Dean, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Tulsa, Okla.
- Epic Leadership: Three Accountability Traits of Highly Effective Teams with Hernani Alves, author of Balanced Accountability: How to Win Hearts and Maximize Performance, and International Speaker, Roseville, Calif.
- Work Place Culture and Your Values: Why Alignment Matters with Cindy Barrera, CTFA, CWS, Vice President, Frost Wealth Advisors, Corpus Christi, Texas
- A Pearl of Wisdom and Two Simple Practices: Catalyze Your Own and Others’ Potential with Cheri Torres, Ph.D., Lead Catalyst, Collaborative by Design; Author, Consultant, doctorate in Collaborative Learning/Educational Psychology, Asheville, N.C.
- AGILE: Becoming Agile in All Aspects of Life to Sustain and Champion Life as a CEO/Businesswoman with Pageant Ferriabough-Charlton, President and Chief Executive Officer, Busine$$’s Resource Unlimited, Inc., Tulsa, Okla.
- Lessons in Leadership: Valuable Life Lessons through Storytelling with Barbara J. Faulkenberry, Major General, U.S. Air Force (retired); Independent Corporate Director, Callon Petroleum and USA Truck, Colorado Springs, Colo.