- Spears Home
- About Us
- Career Services
- Online Learning
- MBA Concentrations
- Master’s Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Online Options
Finance and Investment Banking* Concentration
This concentration in the Watson Graduate School of Management MBA program prepares students for a multitude of high-profile careers in finance and investment banking including, but not limited to, advisory, equity and fixed income capital markets, risk management, private equity, corporate finance, and careers in financial institutions. This concentration is ideal for professionals with a bachelor’s degree in any area who want to move into the cutting edge areas of finance and investment banking.
Students can expect to gain an in-depth understanding of finance and investment banking and to develop specific competencies, including critical thought and analysis, and problem solving, in these areas.
Required Core Courses
- FIN 5013 MBA Business Finance**
- FIN 5053 Theory & Practice of Corporate Financial Management
- FIN 5223 Investment & Strategy
- FIN 5343 Valuation and Financial Modeling
One of the following:
- Finance 5653 Bond Markets
- Finance 5550 Portfolio Management
- Finance 5550 Derivatives
- Finance 5363 Energy Finance
- Finance 5833 Student Managed Investment Fund
- Finance 5550 Securities Industry Essentials
- Finance 5550 Computational Finance
For more information about curriculum please contact Emma Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To meet with an academic adviser, please call 405-744-9000 or email email@example.com.
*Pending approval from the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education.
** If a student has taken the equivalent of FIN 5013, or they have an undergraduate major in Finance, they will need to take an extra elective in lieu of this required course.