Frequently Asked Questions
- What is LeadHERship Spears?
LeadHERship Spears is a women’s leadership program for the women in Spears School of Business.
- What are some example topics covered?
Sample topics include authentic leadership, career mapping and goal setting, personal assessments and wellness. Students get access to university and industry experts. They are given time to learn and engage with people they might not otherwise have access to. Our goal with LeadHERship Spears is for our fellows to learn about themselves as well as engage with their community and learn what it means to be a leader in their community.
- What are the eligibility requirements?
You must be in sophomore or junior standing for the year you are applying. At this time, you must at least have a major or minor in the Spears School of Business to qualify to apply.
How often do we meet?
Our required sessions are typically held once a month on Fridays during lunchtime and last till 3 p.m. Special trips scheduled outside of mandatory meetings are not required but highly encouraged as they are to conferences or special events only for the LeadHERship Fellows. We require that all fellows be present at required sessions with allowing one absence during the fall and the spring. You can make up for those absences by attending 2 of any non-required events that get scheduled throughout the year.
- What if I have class or work during the required sessions?
Because of the nature of the meetings being held on Friday during lunchtime, once a month we understand that not everyone’s schedule might be clear. The Directors of the LeadHERship Spears program can provide a letter for a professor or work situation. However, we recommend that if you can’t agree to the terms of attendance, it might be best to wait and apply when your schedule allows it.
- How do I apply?
You apply through our online application.
- I am a faculty member, alumnus or community partner and I am interested in getting
involved. Who do I reach out to?
Fantastic! Please reach out to us at Leadhershipspears.okstate.edu. We love collaborating with people on topics and experiences for our LeadHERship Spears Fellows!
- I am an alumnus, corporate or community partner and would like to donate to LeadHERship
Spears. Where do I go to do this?
Please visit OSU Giving
1. Search "Spears Business Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Fund"2. Select the donation amount 3. Type in comments "Donation for LeadHERship Spears" If you have any issues, contact email@example.com directly, and we will be happy to help!"
- More questions?
Any other questions or concerns please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.