- Spears Home
- Global Diversity Resources
Winter in Costa Rica
Start the New Year in Costa Rica! Live volcanoes, national parks, tropical weather, and beautiful people are the backdrop for social entrepreneurship in action. Working with the University for Peace, we will look at ENTREPRENEURS, documenting the MARKETS, FARMERS, AGRIBUSINESS, and their ECOSYSTEMS. Students will also have the opportunity to enjoy Rafting, visiting a Volcano, Coffee Plantations, NGO’s, a Chocolate Company, and a free day to enjoy the beautiful beaches of Puerto Viejo. Join us!
BADM 4050, 5200, 4093 (I), or 5093
Study Abroad Business Impacts of Contemporary International Culture
EEE 4090 or 5090
Entrepreneurship Practicum: Social Entrepreneurship and Costa Rica
January 2-10, 2019
November 12, 2018 (5:30 p.m.)
November 26, 2018 (5:30 p.m.)
All meetings in 130 Business Building.
Craig Watters, School of Entrepreneurship
$2,200 + AIRFARE
- Tuition-3 credit hours
- Health and travel insurance
- Lodging-Shared with single beds
- In country transportation
- Airport Transfers-If arrival and departure falls within provided time frame
- All breakfasts & selected group meals
- Entry fees to all required group tours and business visits
- Passport- must be valid for 6 months after your return to the US
- Visa if required
- Additional Meals
- Personal Expenses
- Estimated roundtrip airfare from/to Oklahoma is $900
- It is your responsibility to purchase your own ticket
- CAGLE could assist in organizing your air travel
- All accepted students will receive the faculty's and/or staff's flight information as soon as the faculty's flight is booked
- It is suggested that you do not book your flight until you receive this information so you are able to arrive with or around the same time as the faculty and staff for transportation reasons
- For this program you should fly in and out of San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)
Earlier arrival or later departure:
- If you choose to arrive before the program start date or leave after the program end date you will be on your own for transportation to and from the airport as well as for additional accommodation arrangements and costs.
Program fee will be charged to your bursar account as shown in the Payment Schedule below.
|-----||$200||Deposit charged upon application acceptance|
|October 20, 2018||$871.70||Program Fee|
|January 14, 2019||$1,128.30||Tuition Fee|
ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
*A $200 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit will be charged to your bursar once application has been submitted. This amount is included in the total price of the trip, however, if you choose to not attend the trip for any reason the $200 deposit WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
*NOTE: If the program fee charge date above has passed when applying and submitting the application, all charges (deposit, fees and tuition) will be applied to your bursar and will be NON-REFUNDABLE.
*If you withdraw through the CAGLE (101 Business Building or firstname.lastname@example.org) after the program fee and program tuition charge date(s), listed above, has passed this WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
Please check with your academic advisor before applying to any of our study abroad courses.
Applications will be reviewed and decision will be made within 5 to 7 business days.
Please visit our office at 101 Business Building.
October 20, 2018 at 5 pm
Must contact CAGLE office by 5 pm
Center for Advanced Global Leadership and Engagement (CAGLE)
101 Business Building