Graduation is coming schedule your photos now
Tuesday, April 5, 2022
Media Contact: Bailey Stacy | Communications Coordinator, Marketing & Communications | 405-744-2700 | firstname.lastname@example.org
In high school for my senior year, I took senior pictures in various places around Stillwater. From freshman year to junior year, I watched each senior class in my sorority take pledge class pictures and individual senior pictures to send out announcements.
Finally Fall of 2020, it was my turn to take senior pictures with my sorority sash, the various cords I received, the OSU medallion for every senior, 2020 tassel, and cap and gown. This spring I also decided to take graduate pictures for receiving my MBA. I used the same cap and gown, medallion, but purchased a new tassel and a hood for a master's in science. The hood is yellow (universal color for receiving a master of science) black, and orange and hangs around the neck and down in the back. I felt so official!
With about a month left until graduation, getting booked with a photographer to fit your schedule and then taking the hour or two to get them done may be difficult. Therefore, I wanted to share some of the photographers I know people use along with their website/contact information and ideas for places to take pictures on campus!
1. Mazzy Priest - www.mazzypriestphoto.co/
- She took my graduate pictures and sent them back edited within two days. We also went overtime, and she was so patient and kind about it!
- Instagram: mazzypriestphotography
2. Meg Alexandria Baker - https://portraitsbybaker.squarespace.com/
- She took my undergraduate senior pictures and she is incredible. She was the sweetest person, so calming to be around and gave great pose ideas. She got my pictures back within the week.
- Instagram: portraitsbybaker
3. Katie Cohen - https://www.katieanncohen.com/portraits/
- A lot of my friends have taken their photos with her and have loved the pictures. She now lives in NYC and takes great pictures there. However, she is coming back to Stillwater for senior sessions this semester.
- Instagram: katiecohen.photo
4. Katie Elcyzyn - https://katieraephotovideo.mypixieset.com/
- Katie and I were in the same sorority. She is always kind, easygoing and easy to work with. She took a lot of girls in our pledge class’ senior pictures and they turned out great.
- Instagram: katieraephotovideo
5. Tallie Alsup - https://tallieautumnphoto.mypixieset.com/
- Tallie has taken various senior pictures for my friends, pledge class pictures and weddings that turned out beautiful and stunning.
- Instagram: tallieautumn.photo
Click the website links provided to see their pictures and pricing packages and look them up on Instagram to quickly and easily glance at their portfolio.
Here are ideas on places to take pictures:
- Library lawn: in front of/in the fountain, in the garden area in the center, in front of the golden doors or on the side steps by the fountain.
- Spears School of Business or your own college’s building.
- Theta Pond: the new bridge, walking down the Greek walk, or at the “Oklahoma State University” sign on the south side.
- The O-S-U walkway and horses behind the journalism building.
- If you’re in a house, your sorority/fraternity house.
- Center of Monroe with the red brick road behind (watch out for cars).
- If you can, Boone Pickens Stadium - stands or on the field.
If you need pose ideas or outfit inspirations, look at each of the photographer's Instagrams or online galleries. You also could look up senior picture poses on Pinterest or TikTok.
If you take pictures at Spears, be sure to tag our Instagram! @spearsbusinessosu for us to see and share. Congrats to all the seniors and graduating grad students at Spears and Oklahoma State, we are so proud of you! Go Pokes!
Story By: Alexis Hightower | email@example.com