Plan to attend the 6th Annual Cyber Security Conference April 19-20
Friday, February 11, 2022
Whether it’s identity thieves, phishing scammers or ransomware, cybercriminals are always finding new ways to attack. So, it’s more important than ever for security professionals to communicate, share and learn from each other. That’s why the OSU Spears School of Business is hosting its two-day virtual Cyber Security Conference on April 19 (9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.) and April 20 (9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.).
“We designed this conference especially for senior-level leaders in information technology and system/data administrators, regardless of what industry they are working in,” said Rick Wilson, head of the OSU Management Science and Information Systems Department.
“We have a great line-up of speakers and topics that will be of interest to business leaders involved in the decision-making process for cyber security strategy, implementation and management,” Wilson added.
Conference topics and speakers include the following:
- "AI and Machine Learning in Cybersecurity" with Randy Sabett, CISSP, special counsel, Cooley LLP, Washington, DC
- "Privacy and Security Legislative Law" panel with the following:
- Anthony Hendricks, shareholder/director, Crowe & Dunlevy, Oklahoma City
- Trent Shores, partner, GableGotwals, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- David Stauss, partner, Husch Blackwell, Denver, Colorado
- Collin Walke, Oklahoma Representative, State of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City
- "Human-Centric Threat Hunting" with Russ Syphert, director security operations, Micron Technology, Boise, Idaho
- "Cloud Security" with Dr. Cynthia Gonnella, DIA, CISSP, lead associate – DFIR Team, Booz Allen Hamilton, Utica, New York
- "Ransomware" with Mike Jackson, cyber security advisor, State of Oklahoma, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Oklahoma City
The Cyber Security Conference is presented by the OSU Spears School of Business, the Department of Management Science and Information Systems and the Center for Executive and Professional Development.
Conference chairs includes the following:
- Rick Wilson, Ph.D., department head, Management Science and Information Systems, Paul Miller professorship in business administration, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
- Mark Weiser, Ph.D., professor, Management Science and Information Systems, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
- Jim Burkman, Ph.D., clinical associate professor, Management Science and Information Systems, Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University
Sponsorships are available. Consider joining the following companies as sponsors:
- Gold Level: Hobby Lobby
- Silver Level: KOSU
- Bronze Level: OGE Energy Corp and OneNet
For more information about the Cyber Security Conference contact Shyanne Yeager at 405-744-5208 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, visit https://business.okstate.edu/cepd/programs/cyber_security.html. Registration is $195 per person. The discount for 3+ people from the same organization is $175 per person.