- Spears Home
- About Us
- Events & Programs
- 2023 Entrepreneurial Learning Activities
- Business Plan Competition
- Experience Expo
- Fail Up Night
- Pitch and Poster Competition
- Riata Faculty Fellows Program
- Riata Reverse Pitch Challenge
- The Riata Project
- Startup Weekend
- Tulsa Startup Series
- Veteran's Entrepreneurship Program
- White Box
- Student-led Initiatives
- Student Resources
- Student Resources
- Riata Pre-Seed Fund
- Study Abroad
- Institute for Free Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- CIE Scholars Program
- OSU I-Corps
- Event Request Information
- Patent and Trademark Resource Center (OSU Library)
- Oklahoma State University Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
In an effort to promote experiential opportunities for learning, innovation, and student-business-ownership, The Riata Center for Entrepreneurship has launched an initiative that will provide OSU students a public venue through which they will be able to test, grow, and operate their unique startups at the Oklahoma State University Student Union:
Each individual or company that applies will propose their intended use of the space based on one of two tracks consisting of either; Research/Education or Business Operations & Sales. Proposals detailing the businesses’ intended use of the WhiteBox will be reviewed by the Riata Center for Entrepreneurship’s and Student Union WhiteBox Program Committee.
The white box is designed on a module and at a scale to make efficient use of materials and space. It is designed to be easily opened, closed, moved, and rotated. The materials are designed for ease of maintenance, cleaning, and repair as necessary.
The current prototype is made of an aluminum frame and set on steel casters in order to be lightweight and durable. The exterior wall is made of backlit acrylic panels in order to give the mobile retail a distinct and variable identity. It also allows the store to illuminate when open.
The store includes a wide variety of open shelves that can be covered with panels when they aren’t needed for storage. These panels and shelves offer a wide variety of configurations, allowing the store to handle a diverse range of products.
The store will provide or accommodate the technology to create a comprehensive shopping experience, including signage, lighting, music, and POS systems. The prototype has enclosed cabinets for such equipment and will provide cables and connections as necessary.
The WhiteBox is meant for those students whom are serious about starting or growing their business and have demonstrated measures taken to launch or develop said business.
- OSU student currently enrolled at time of application (full or part time) and will maintain enrollment status and good standing for the duration of the semester to which they apply for WhiteBox tenancy.
- Accepted member of the Riata Incubator Program (If you are not a current member of the Riata Incubator Program, please apply. All degree programs are encouraged to apply)
Students who meet the above qualifications are eligible to apply for the WhiteBox at any time throughout the academic semester. Further qualifying interviews are scheduled on a rolling basis via the Riata Center for Entrepreneurship in coordination with the Oklahoma State University Student Union.
If you believe you have met the general eligibility criteria, please apply to the WhiteBox. Be prepared to provide the following information and/or attachments upon final submission of your application.
- Interested parties must complete the WhiteBox Application
- Submit a completed Lean Model Canvas
- Submit a proposed activities plan for the utilization of the WhiteBox
- Applicants applying for the Business Operations & Sales track must submit a detailed
inventory list at the time of their
application submission to be pre-approved by the Student Union.
- Submit marketing materials to be pre-approved by the Student Union before acceptance into the WhiteBox.
- Submit a proposed schedule of operations (Candidates shall be open no less than three days a week and a two-hour window of time on any operating days)
For more information
Please contact the Riata Center for Entrepreneurship at 405-744-7552 or email@example.com.
You can also visit us on campus in Spears School of Business Room 130.