- Spears Home
- About Us
- Events & Programs
- 2023 Entrepreneurial Learning Activities
- Business Plan Competition
- Experience Expo
- Fail Up Night
- Pitch and Poster Competition
- Riata Faculty Fellows Program
- Riata Reverse Pitch Challenge
- The Riata Project
- Startup Weekend
- Tulsa Startup Series
- Veteran's Entrepreneurship Program
- White Box
- Student-led Initiatives
- Student Resources
- Student Resources
- Riata Pre-Seed Fund
- Study Abroad
- Institute for Free Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- CIE Scholars Program
- OSU I-Corps
- Event Request Information
- Patent and Trademark Resource Center (OSU Library)
- Oklahoma State University Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- Do I need to have a college degree, or have taken some college courses, to attend?
No. The VEP is designed to take any qualified students, regardless of prior educational experiences, through the steps and stages of starting a new business.
- Are there spaces still available for this year’s program?
Yes, these seats are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Early application is encouraged.
- Are members of the National Guard and Reserves eligible for the program?
Yes. The only qualifications to be eligible for the program are a service-connected disability and a passion for starting your own business.
- You require two letters of recommendation: why? And who should these letters come
Starting a business is hard. The VEP program was developed and designed as an intense, rigorous program positioned to help those individuals with a drive, determination, and passion for business ownership take the first steps toward that goal. As such, we are seeking applicants who have demonstrated such drive and determination in their approach to life and work. Letters of recommendation from current or former co-workers, commanders, supervisors, counselors, etc., help us make such an assessment. Letters of recommendation from family members are discouraged.
- Your program information states that all costs will be assumed by the VEP Host School.
Does this include travel and lodging while attending the program?
Yes. It is our position that through your service, you have already earned the price of admission. We have assumed the responsibility to raise the necessary funds to cover all costs associated with the Program. Travel expenses, lodging, meals, and the cost of the program itself will be funded by the VEP program.
- How will I get to and from the airport?
Transportation will be provided throughout the VEP residency for our delegates.
- I have special dietary requirements. Can these be accommodated?
Yes, we will make every effort to accommodate these requests.