- Spears Home
- About Us
- Events & Programs
- 2023 Entrepreneurial Learning Activities
- Business Plan Competition
- Experience Expo
- Fail Up Night
- Pitch and Poster Competition
- Riata Faculty Fellows Program
- Riata Reverse Pitch Challenge
- The Riata Project
- Startup Weekend
- Tulsa Startup Series
- Veteran's Entrepreneurship Program
- White Box
- Student-led Initiatives
- Student Resources
- Student Resources
- Riata Pre-Seed Fund
- Study Abroad
- Institute for Free Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- CIE Scholars Program
- OSU I-Corps
- Event Request Information
- Patent and Trademark Resource Center (OSU Library)
- Oklahoma State University Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
Applications are OPEN.
The Riata Internship Program provides unique entrepreneurial opportunities for qualified undergraduate and graduate students at Oklahoma State University. These paid internships allow students to work directly with a variety of growing, innovative companies. Interns are expected to add meaningful value to the work environment and to produce a number of useful deliverables to company management. Interns also receive academic credit.
Interns will be able to participate in exciting, hands-on, experience-based learning opportunities in entrepreneurial work environments. Interns may apply with companies identified by the School of Entrepreneurship or may seek out companies on their own, subject to approval by the Internship Director. Students are also encouraged to search for internships at HireOSUGrads.com. Internships are generally during the summer, but spring/fall internships will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Summer interns can expect to work 20-40 hours per week for 8-12 weeks and receive approximately $10/hour, $12/hour for graduate students. Students compete for internships. Upon receipt of an offer letter from the host company, students may enroll in the internship course.
Student Eligibility Requirements
- Either a major or minor in entrepreneurship
- At least a 2.75 GPA, evidence of outside-the-classroom activities, and an interest in entrepreneurship
- Completed 50 credit hours prior to the start of the internship
- Enroll in EEE 4080 if you want academic credit. EEE 4080 can be taken for one to six credits (usually 3 credit hours)
- MSE student or MBA student with a concentration in entrepreneurship, or enrolled in the entrepreneurship graduate Certificate Program
- At least a 3.00 GPA, evidence of outside-the-classroom activities, and an interest in entrepreneurship.
- Enroll in EEE 5080. EEE 5080 can be taken for one to six credits. (usually 3 credit hours)
Interested students must complete a Riata Intern Application, provide a professional resume, show a serious interest in pursuing entrepreneurship, and register for the appropriate internship class.