- Spears Home
- About Us
- Events & Programs
- Student-led Initiatives
- Student Resources
- Student Resources
- Riata Pre-Seed Fund
- Study Abroad
- Institute for Free Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- CIE Scholars Program
- OSU I-Corps
- Patent and Trademark Resource Center (OSU Library)
- Oklahoma State University Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
Typically, a 3 credit hour internship student will be expected to work a total of 120-240 hours with their host company either on site or remotely. Companies and students will negotiate specific work schedules including specific days, work hours, and number of hours per week.
We expect all host companies to pay student interns for their work. The minimum pay is $10/hour for undergraduate students and $12/hour for graduate students. For select, small companies, the School of Entrepreneurship may offer to pay up to half of the costs.
Host Company Application Process
Hosting criteria: In order to provide the best experience for host companies and our students, host companies for the Riata Internship Program typically will fall into three categories:
- Startups between one and 10 years old with at least three employees
- Small businesses with between 10 and 100 employees
- Large corporate innovators (new product development, new product launch, spin-offs, etc.)
Companies interested in hosting a Riata Intern should contact the Riata Center for Entrepreneurship and provide the following information:
- Brief history of company including number of employees, start date, and description of the company
- Job description including explanation of anticipated intern duties, assignments, and title of person responsible for managing the intern. Whenever possible, In addition to traditional job responsibilities, the Riata Internship Program requests that interns have the opportunity to work on a specific and reasonable project that will create identifiable and lasting value for the host organization.
- Duration - hours per week and number of weeks
- Internships are generally in the summer, though Spring/Fall may be available
Host companies will be notified of acceptance into the program and position will be advertised to students. Each host company should contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. Students will apply directly to the host company. Host companies will use their screening and hiring process to select the successful applicant.
Once the final candidate(s) have been selected, we ask that host companies contact the Riata Internship Program director who will then contact the student to complete enrollment requirements for the appropriate semester and credit hours.