Jump-start your master's
How to get started
Keep GPA strong
Plan to demonstrate you are prepared to enter into a graduate program by maintaining a strong GPA. Participating in summer internships early enhances your resume and secures evidence of early professional experience.
Begin to explore
Begin your 4+1 exploration with your assigned undergraduate advisor as early as possible to maximize potential for enrollment sequencing during your senior year.
When to apply
When classified as a junior, request an “Advisor Clearance Form” from your advisor and arrange an appointment with the graduate program advisor to learn more. You must complete 90-plus hours of undergraduate study to apply to the Graduate College.
To apply for the MS BAnDS degree early, students must be enrolled in the Mechanical Engineering undergraduate degree program through the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology. Students must complete 90 credit hours or more toward their MEN degree by the end of the term of application.
Up to 11 credit hours of the MS BAnDS program can be taken at the graduate level over the course of one’s senior year, with no more than seven hours possible in any given term. Reduced variations of graduate level enrollment during the senior year remains possible with advisor notice and approval.
Applicants must submit:
- Official transcripts with a minimum 3.0 GPA on coursework completed at OSU
- Three letters of professional recommendation
- Statement of goals and objectives
- Official GMAT or GRE results
- Senior year
- Fall: Four MS BAnDS hours minimum: BAN 5733 and BAN 5560 (1 hour). Up to seven MS BAnDS hours possible (not expected); BAN 5733 and BAN 5560 (1 hour) plus either MSIS 5193 or MSIS 5503.
- Spring: Four MS BAnDS hours minimum. BAN 5743 and BAN 5560 (1 hour). Up to seven MS BAnDS hours possible (not expected) (not surpassing an overall total of 11 hours both terms); BAN 5743 and BAN 5560 (1 hour) plus either MSIS 5633 or MSIS 5303.
- Summer: Six MS BAnDS hours suggested. Business Analytics/Data Science internship a possibility.
- Graduate year
- Fall: 12 MS BAnDS hours suggested.
- Spring: 11 MS BAnDS hours suggested (less or more to satisfy plan of study/degree requirements, could include advanced internship).