Upcoming meeting: October 21, 2022
The Dean's Council provides loyal friends and alumni of the Spears School of Business with the opportunity to remain connected with the school’s progress and to support, enrich, and help guide that progress. The school’s ability to fulfill its mission depends on regular annual support from people who have benefited from its programs in the past and who are committed to the future success of business education at Oklahoma State University. Your membership on the Dean's Council helps the school to promote and sustain excellence in teaching, research, and outreach.
Opportunities for Service
The Dean's Council is designed to enhance the active participation of alumni and friends who are committed to the continuing development and recognition of the Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University. The Dean's Council serves the school through:
Identifying and securing appropriate points of contact into the organizations they represent.
Participation in educational experiences of students, including mentorships, speaking to students, hosting corporate visits, etc.
Identifying and securing appropriate internships and relevant experiences for students.
Identifying and securing appropriate professional development opportunities for Spears School faculty.
Providing information and insights into continuing professional education needs of organizations.
Sharing emerging organizational developments and issues to improve the timeliness of education for the business professions.
Providing expert counsel and advice to assist in continuing development of the school.
Assisting in securing additional resources to support the school in pursuit of its missions.
Guidance regarding the school’s creation of workforce ready student graduates.
The Dean's Council meets on campus annually the Friday before homecoming each fall. Additional meetings of the group or committees may be held as needed.
Participation on the Dean's Council is open to Spears School of Business alumni and friends who demonstrate commitment to the school through an annual or endowment gift restricted to the Spears School of Business. Your eligibility to participate in the Dean's Council begins on the date of your minimum required gift (see below) to the school through the end of the following fiscal year.
Benefits of Participation
- Invitations to various school-sponsored events, including the annual fall meeting and general session luncheon.
- Opportunity to engage with Spears School students, faculty and Spears School leadership team.
- Receive updates about the school through various correspondence, reports, announcements, and newsletters.
- Opportunities to network with business professionals.
- Dean's Council Executive Committee
- Brian Callahan, President and Chief Operating Officer, ISN Software Corporation
- Dale Flowers, Senior Vice President of Operations, U.S. Anesthesia Partners
- Mike Greenwood, Managing Director/Founder, Carnegie Capital LLC
- Jennifer Grigsby, Secretary of Economic Administration, State of Oklahoma
- Steve Herod, President, Halcon Resources Corporation
- Tyler Hewitt, Senior Director of Development/Team Lead, OSU Foundation
- Mark Kreul, Ph.D., Manager, Food Safety at In-N-Out Burger
- Diana Laing, Independent Director and Chairperson/Audit Committee, Spirit Realty Capital
- Don Sample, Managing Director/Co-Founder, Sample Group - Project Consulting
- Paige Shepherd, EdD, Director of Corporate Development and Tourism, Chickasaw Nation
- Melinda Stinnett, Owner/Managing Director, Stinnett & Associates LLC
- An annual gift of $1,000 to any Spears School of Business fund
- Or an endowment in the Spears School of Business of $25,000* or more to be paid in three years or less. *Endowment minimum subject to change based on University requirements.
- An annual gift of $5,000 to any Spears School of Business fund will allow your organization to have one representative on the Dean's Council.
- Or an annual gift of $10,000 to any Spears School of Business fund will allow your organization to have two representatives on the Dean's Council.
- You may use corporate matching gifts to qualify for participation on the Dean's Council.
- Note: An annual gift of $1,000 or more automatically qualifies you for Loyal & True through the OSU Foundation, which is a gift recognition club for annual donors to the University.