- Spears Home
- About Us
- Career Services
- Online Learning
- MBA Concentrations
- Master’s Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Online Options
The certificate in Nonprofit Management is designed as a standalone course of study, or as an additional credential earned during the pursuit of a graduate degree at Oklahoma State University. Students in the nonprofit management program will gain skills and knowledge about the nonprofit sector and organizations that will prepare them to enter the sector as professionals or board members at a critical time—as the Baby Boomer generation retires.
Topics include differences between the for-profit and nonprofit sectors in regard to fundraising and development, managing a blended workforce of paid staff and volunteers, public image, accountability, and measures of success. The certificate is aimed at current professional staff of nonprofit organizations or those seeking credentials to make the change from the for-profit to the nonprofit sector.
Gainful Employment Disclosure: https://gradcollege.okstate.edu/content/non-profit-management
For fall admission, application must be complete by July 1 of the same year.
For spring admission, application must be complete by December 1 of the prior year.
Submit the Graduate College Online Application form. Required attachments include current resume, application fee, and official transcripts from each institution attended, including Oklahoma State University. This application does not require recommendation letters, purpose statement, or entrance exams such as the GMAT or GRE.
Graduate Certificate Requirements
Required Core Courses (6 hours)
- MGMT 5093 Business and Non-Profit Organizations
- MGMT 5163 Fundraising for Non-Profits
Choose an additional 6 hours
- MGMT 5023 Sustainable Enterprises
- MGMT 5031 Leading Organizational Change
- MGMT 5051 Creating Ethical Work Places
- MGMT 5061 Managing Confrontations
- MGMT 5083 Business and Social Responsibility
- MGMT 5533 Leadership Challenges
- MGMT 5563 Crisis in Organizations
- MGMT 5713 Negotiation and Third Party Dispute Resolution
- EEE 5213 Entrepreneurship in Science and Technology
- EEE 5403 Social Entrepreneurship
- EEE 5603 Supporting Emerging Enterprises
For more information please contact Dr. Durand Crosby.