- About Us
- About Us - Home
- Power of Personal
- Academic Departments
- Offices & Centers
- Deans & Leadership Team
- Honors and Awards
- Rankings and Recognitions
- About William S. Spears
- Map and Directions
- Our New Building
- POP Alert
- Core Curriculum
- Spears School A-Z
- Pete's Pet Posse
- Degree Programs
- Watson Graduate School
- Online Learning
- Breakout Room Reservation
- I Am Building Project
- Building Floor Plans
- Wall Street Journal Access
- New Building
- Apply Now!
Department of Management
Assistant Professor, Spears School of Business
STILLWATER, OK 74078
BiographyJeanine Porck is an Assistant Professor in the Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University. She holds a Ph.D. from Erasmus University Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Her research interests include strategy process, intergroup relations, social identity, multiteam systems, and leadership. She studies the microfoundations of intrafirm relationships, where she is particularly interested in what helps or hinders teams to coordinate and align their efforts, and how these intrafirm relationships impact firm strategy and performance. Jeanine has published in Strategic Management Journal and has work forthcoming in the Academy of Management Journal and Journal of Management. She has presented her research at several Annual Meetings including the Academy of Management, Strategic Management Society and INGroup.
- Ph D, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Management, 2013
- MS, Delft University of Technology, Industrial Design Engineering, 2008
- BS, Delft University of Technology, Industrial Design Engineering, 2005
- Nufer Yasin Ates, Murat Tarakci, Jeanine P. Porck, Daan van Knippenberg, and Patrick Groenen. (2019). "Why Visionary Leadership Fails". Harvard Business Review online.
- N. Y. Ates, M. Tarakci, Jeanine P. Porck, D. van Knippenberg, and P. J. F. Groenen. (2018). "The Dark Side of Visionary Leadership in Strategy Implementation: Strategic Alignment, Strategic Consensus and Commitment". Journal of Management.
- Jeanine P. Porck, Fadel K. Matta, John R. Hollenbeck, Jo K. Oh, Klodiana Lanaj, and Stephanie M. Lee. (2018). "Social Identification in Multiteam Systems: The Role of Depletion and Task Complexity". Academy of Management Journal. (print): 0001-4273, (online): 1948-0989.
- Jeanine P. Porck, Daan van Knippenberg, Murat Tarakci, Nufer Yasin Ates, Patrick J.F. Groenen, and Marco de Haas. (2018). "Do Group and Organizational Identification Help or Hurt Intergroup Strategic Consensus?". Journal of Management.
- M. Tarakci, N.Y. Ates, Jeanine P. Porck, D. van Knippenberg, P.J.F. Groenen, and M. de Haas. (2014). "Strategic Consensus Mapping: A New Method for Testing and Visualizing Strategic Consensus Within and Between Teams". Strategic Management Journal. (35), 7, 1053-1069.
Awards and Honors
- Merrick Foundation Teaching Award (2018)
- Academy of Management, STR Division Best Reviewer Award (2018)
- Award for Innovation in Pedagogy (2018)
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Oklahoma State University, Assistant Professor, Spears School of Business, August 2016
- S-ray Diagnostics, the Netherlands, Project Manager and Senior Researcher, 2010
- National University of Singapore, Visiting Fellow, Department of Management and Organisation, 2015
- Erasmus University Rotterdam, Visiting Scholar, Rotterdam School of Management, 2014
- Michigan State University, Visiting Scholar, Department of Management, 2014
- Government grant project ‘Design Initiatief’, Junior researcher, 2008 - 2009