- Spears Home
- About Us
- About Us - Home
- Power of Personal
- Academic Departments
- Offices & Centers
- Deans & Leadership Team
- Honors and Awards
- Rankings and Recognitions
- About William S. Spears
- Map and Directions
- Employment Opportunities
- Social Media
- Value of Higher Education
- POP Alert
- Core Curriculum
- Spears School A-Z
- 100th Anniversary
- Pete's Pet Posse
- Degree Programs
- Watson Graduate School
- Online Learning
- Request Information
- Student Spotlight Archives
- I Am Building Project
- Wall Street Journal Access
- Faculty and Staff
- Apply Now!
How are we doing?
- Post-graduation data was gathered on 83.5% of the 1,255 students who graduated with a BSBA degree in 2016.
- 92% had employment or job offers within 3 months of graduation (does not include students who were going on to graduate school, had other plans, or were not seeking jobs).
- The average reported salary was $50,048.
- 11.2% of all students reporting were going on for advanced degrees.
The following average and median salaries should be substituted into the following two charts. The middle column is the averages; and the second column is the medians.
- Post-graduation data was gathered on 91.8% of the 319 students who graduated with a master’s degree in 2015.
- The percent who had employment or job offers within 3 months of graduation (not including
students who had other plans, or were not seeking jobs):
- MBA graduates – 98% employed
- M.S. in Accounting graduates – 97% employed
- M.S. in Business Analytics graduates - 100% employed
- M.S. in Entrepreneurship graduates – 100% employed
- M.S. in Management Info. Systems graduates – 73% employed
- M.S. in Quantitative Financial Economics graduates – 80% employed
- M.S. in Information Assurance graduates – 100% employed
- The average reported salary was $74,895.
- Post-graduation data was gathered on 100% of the 22 students who graduated with a Ph.D. in 2016.
- 100% had employment or job offers within 3 months of graduation (not including students who had other plans, or were not seeking jobs).
- The average reported salary was $141,450 and the median was $117,250.
- 82.9% of students who were classified as new freshman in the Spears School of Business in Fall 2015 were still at OSU in Fall 2016.
- Students who graduated with a BSBA degree in 2016:
- Attempted a median of 144 hours of which 109 hours were at OSU.
- At the median they successfully completed 92.0% of their attempted hours, and completed 91.0% of the hours they attempted at OSU.
- 70.0% of students who started as freshmen in the Spears School graduated within 6 years.
CERTIFICATION PASS RATES
- The M.S. in Accounting program provides students with the necessary credentials to sit for the CPA Exam. The final course in this program is a CPA Review. Students who took the CPA review in 2016 have sat for 126 CPA exam parts as of August 1, 2017, and passed 80% of those parts.
- SAS certifications pass rates for 2016-2017 are:
- Base SAS programming certification – 95.0%
- SAS Business Analyst certification – 100.0%
- Advanced SAS programming certification – 76.0%