- Spears Home
- About Us
- Career Services
- Online Learning
- MBA Concentrations
- Master’s Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Online Options
What is Business Sustainability?
Sustainable enterprise is doing business in a way that makes profits while avoiding harm to society and reducing impact on the environment. The challenges of avoiding harm to society and environment can be seen as business opportunities that serve a triple bottom line of profits, society, and the environment. Sustainable businesses pursue market solutions that push them ahead of the competition or help them to enter new markets with products better suited to long term growth.
The Spears School of Business is now offering a Graduate Certificate in Business Sustainability and Non-Profit Management. Students and working professionals pursuing these certificates will learn strategies that help companies pursue a financial profitability, ecological integrity, and social equity.
Gainful Employment Disclosure: https://gradcollege.okstate.edu/content/business-sustainability-ged
For fall admission, application must be complete by July 1 of the same year.
For spring admission, application must be complete by December 1 of the prior year.
Submit the Graduate College Online Application form. Required attachments include current resume, application fee, and official transcripts from each institution attended, including Oklahoma State University. This application does not require recommendation letters, purpose statement, or entrance exams such as the GMAT or GRE.
Graduate Certificate Requirements
Required Core Courses (6 hours)
- MGMT 5023 Sustainable Enterprises
- MGMT 5083 Business and Social Responsibility
Choose an additional 6 hours
- MGMT 5031 Leading Organizational Change
- MGMT 5051 Creating Ethical Work Places
- MGMT 5061 Managing Confrontations
- MGMT 5073 Ethical Leadership and Organizations
- MGMT 5093 Business and Non-Profit Organizations
- MGMT 5533 Leadership Challenges
- MGMT 5563 Crisis in Organizations
- EEE 5213 Entrepreneurship in Science and Technology
- EEE 5403 Social Entrepreneurship
- EEE 5603 Supporting Emerging Enterprises
To schedule academic advisor support, please call 405-744-9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.