- Spears Home
- About Us
- Career Services
- Online Learning
- MBA Concentrations
- Master’s Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Online Options
Fall 2018 Application Deadlines
Early Consideration Deadline:
December 9th, 2017
Applications received prior to this date will receive priority consideration including available financial assistance in the form of grants and fellowships.
Full Consideration Deadline:
January 15th, 2018
Applications received prior to this date will be given full consideration. Applications received after this date are not guaranteed consideration for Fall 2018, but may be considered for Fall 2019 admission.
Final Application Deadline:
February 1st, 2018
Applications received after this deadline will not be considered for Fall 2018 admission, but may be considered for Fall 2019 admission.
Outstanding students in any field of study may apply.
All application materials—including transcripts –must be received by the Graduate College prior to the published deadlines in order to be reviewed for admission. Applications that are incomplete after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Submit/Upload all required information via the Graduate College Online Application
- Graduate College application form, with application fee
- GMAT score (Institution Code V0W-5V-75)
- Three names and email addresses for recommenders, included on form.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae (as an attachment)
- Sample of writing skills such as a term paper (as an attachment)
- Statement of career goals, maximum 3 pages (as an attachment)
- International Students (students born outside the US) must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score in order to be considered for a Graduate Teaching Assistantship.
You may also contact the program coordinator for assistance at email@example.com.
It is not necessary that applicants have either an undergraduate degree in Business or an MBA. It is normally expected that the applicant will have obtained a Master’s degree in some area prior to the initial enrollment in the program. Students are only admitted on a full-time, in-residence basis. Admittance decisions are based on assessments of intellectual capacity, research potential and motivation, and teaching potential. Factors that may be taken into consideration include:
- A cumulative score at or above the 75th percentile on the GMAT or GRE exam. (GMAT is preferred, but GRE will be considered.)
- Undergraduate and Master’s GPA
- Motivation to conduct research
- Prior teaching experience
- Business/industry experience
- International Students: All doctoral students in our doctoral program teach classes. In accordance with University policy, international applicants must meet the University’s TOEFL/IELTS testing requirement for international instructors. International applicants must submit a test score with a minimum TOEFL score of 100 (iBT) including a 22 or above on the speaking portion. The equivalent IELTS score is 7.0 overall and 7.0 speaking. The submitted score must be less than two years old at the time of application. An applicant is considered an international student for this requirement unless they completed high school in the U.S., U.K., Australia, New Zealand, and Canada (except for Quebec). Holding a Master’s Degree from a U.S. University DOES NOT exempt an international applicant from this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation
Official Transcripts from each institution should be submitted directly to the OSU Graduate College, preferably as an attachment to the online application. Details about this are included in the online application system.
Please see our list of Frequently Asked Questions for details on application content.
Contact InformationGraduate Programs
Spears School of Business
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078-4011
Phone: (405) 744-2951
Fax: (405) 744-7474