- Spears Home
- About Us
- Career Services
- Online Learning
- MBA Concentrations
- Master’s Programs
- Doctoral Programs
- Certificate Programs
- Online Options
How to Apply
Admissions are decided on a holistic approach with successful candidates meeting the following criteria preferences:
- Undergraduate Degree
- ACCT Upper Division* Prerequisite Courses
- Overall GPA 3.0
- ACCT Upper Division* GPA 3.25
- GMAT minimum requirement 550
- GMAT Waiver applicable if student has an overall GPA of 3.5 and ACCT Upper Division* GPA of 3.5
*ACCT Upper Division to include the following courses or course equivalents for both prerequisites and ACCT GPA: Foundational Skills in Accounting, Intermediate I, Intermediate II, Income Tax, Cost Accounting, Accounting Information Systems, Audit, and Ethical Issues in Accounting.
- Completed Application
- Letter of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
OSU Current Student or Alum? Thinking About an Advanced Degree?
Did you know that the OSU Graduate College has an application fee waiver program? As an OSU student or alum, you qualify for single application fee waiver for fall 2020 or spring 2021 admission – $25-75 value depending on degree and residency statuses.
While you’re at OSU, take advantage of the Graduate College’s 3600 Critical Skills for Career Success – developing the person, the scholar and the professional! Knowledge is expanding at an incredible rate with 21 million new jobs being created by 2030. Will you be ready?
Engage with OSU as your lifelong learning partner. Whether you need a graduate degree for a new job, specialized knowledge for your current job or a terminal degree for career advancement, consider OSU graduate certificate (~12 hours), master’s (~30 hours) or doctoral (~60 hours) degrees.
Professional Program in Accounting
*This program will not continue beginning with the 20-21 school year but is currently and has been available
SPECIAL NOTE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- If the student is an international student, they will need a TOEFL score of at least
91 with minimum scores on the individual parts of Reading 21; Listening 21; Speaking
25; and Writing 24. Alternatively, the student will need a minimum overall band score
of 7.0 of the IELTS. (Note that these required scores are higher than the OSU Graduate
- This requirement can be waived for a student whose native language is English.
- A presumption will be made that the native language is not English if the student has grown up in a country in which the primary language is not English or in a household in which the primary language is not English.
- International students should be aware that accounting does not translate from one country to the next as seamlessly as majors like biology. Accounting practices, standards, and tax rules are based on laws, regulations, and customs that are often unique to a particular country. Consequently, even though a course, such as tax accounting, may already be taken in the student’s home country, it will often need to be retaken at OSU, where the expectation is that a Master’s student will graduate with a complete understanding of U.S. accounting practices, standards, and regulations.
At the option of the M.S. coordinator, international students who do not meet the TOEFL or IELTS requirement for the School of Accounting may still be admitted but may have to either:
- first attend the OSU English Language Institute and attain sufficient English proficiency; and/or
- take specified English classes at OSU.
Rachel Domnick, CPA
Instructor of Professional Practice
MS Program Coordinator
Oklahoma State University
236 Spears School of Business
Stillwater, OK 74078