- Spears Home
- About Us
- Events & Programs
- 2023 Entrepreneurial Learning Activities
- Business Plan Competition
- Experience Expo
- Fail Up Night
- Pitch and Poster Competition
- Riata Faculty Fellows Program
- Riata Reverse Pitch Challenge
- The Riata Project
- Startup Weekend
- Tulsa Startup Series
- Veteran's Entrepreneurship Program
- White Box
- Student-led Initiatives
- Student Resources
- Student Resources
- Riata Pre-Seed Fund
- Study Abroad
- Institute for Free Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- CIE Scholars Program
- OSU I-Corps
- Event Request Information
- Patent and Trademark Resource Center (OSU Library)
- Oklahoma State University Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
Riata Reverse Pitch Challenge
Entrepreneurs are used to pitching their business ideas to investors, partners, and anyone else they might share an elevator ride with. The Riata Reverse Pitch Challenge will turn the tables and allow students to build innovative solutions to already identified problems.
The opening Reverse Pitch Event will kick off the competition when businesses and organizations pitch the problem they are currently facing to students that can then develop an actionable solution.
How to Compete:
Competitors will submit an idea/solution in written form detailing a proposed solution to any one of the Reverse Pitches, along with your answers to a few questions on the application form, via the online submission platform prior to the application deadline.
Competitors also have the additional option to include a short video (no more than 90 seconds) to accompany their written submission. Upload videos to an online platform of their choice (be sure to include the link in your written submission).
3 Semi-finalists from each Reverse Pitch submission category will be chosen to present their ideas to a judging panel at the Semi-Finalist Pitch Event. Semi-finalists will have a maximum of 5 minutes to pitch their solution, proposed implementation strategy, development process, prototype, etc. Visual aids are allowed but must be approved through the Riata Center prior to the event.
Judging panels will then select 1 Finalist/Winner from each Reverse Pitch submission category. These finalists will receive:
- Paid admission for 1 to OSU’s Startup Weekend UNI on November 18-20 at Kicker World Headquarters.
- Automatic acceptance into the Riata’s Center’s Hatchery-Incubator program in order to continue developing their winning idea.
- $500.00 to be used to make their solution a reality!