- Spears Home
- About Us
- Events & Programs
- 2023 Entrepreneurial Events
- Business Plan Competition
- Experience Expo
- Fail Up Night
- Pitch and Poster Competition
- Riata Faculty Fellows Program
- Riata Reverse Pitch Challenge
- The Riata Project
- Startup Weekend
- Tulsa Startup Series
- Veteran's Entrepreneurship Program
- White Box
- Student-led Initiatives
- Student Resources
- Student Resources
- Study Abroad
- Institute for Free Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- CIE Scholars Program
- OSU I-Corps
- Event Request Information
- Patent and Trademark Resource Center (OSU Library)
- Oklahoma State University Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
Pitch and Poster Competition
All businesses start with a cool idea. Before committing to writing a business plan, a pitch and poster competition is the perfect way to get feedback on your new business idea or product. Contestants will create a poster and quick pitch to present to a variety of judges. Cash prizes will be rewarded to the overall competition winner, first and second place winners from each track, and the people’s choice. The overall competition winner, as well as the first place winners from each track, also automatically qualifies as semi-finalists for the 2019 Riata Business Plan Competition in the Spring semester. Overall cash prizes equal a total of $8,500.
Pitch & Poster Competition Tracks:
- Social: Develop, fund, and implement solutions to social, cultural or environmental issues.
- Hipster/Hacker: Change the world by developing new products in a STEM field or launch novel ideas via apps or web-based software.
- Hustler: Selling physical products, food or retail in an innovative way.
Register at: https://pitchandposter2018.eventbrite.com
2017 Past Pitch and Poster Competition Winners:
1st Place: Quantum Dots – Imran Selim, Misti Quiring and Solmaz Bostani
2nd Place: GE-TEK – Sangeetha Komanduri, Niloufar Mehrafza and Vivek Singh
3rd Place: PREDICT – Kunal Bhosale, Minu Pilvankar, Joyjit Saha and Swaraj Meher
1st Place: Artemis – Brendan Duke
2nd Place: Park-IT – Archana Chinnaswamy and Swarup Jacob
3rd Place: Cloth-AR – Omid Darbandi
Crowd Favorite: Plus+ Donations – Harsh Gupta, Hacker track
1st Place: Dynamic Duo – Madison Kimble
2nd Place: Lockett Arts – La Daryn Lockett
3rd Place: Cajun Composting – Damien Davis
Who Should I Contact if I Have Questions?
For assistance please email email@example.com or call 405-744-7552.
Riata Center for Entrepreneurship
130 Spears Business Building
Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078
Click here to find the Judging factors.
Click here to see the Rules and Guidelines.