Marketing and Communications for Student Organizations
This page has been compiled by the Spears School Marketing and Communications unit and contains information about marketing and communications resources available to registered student organizations in the Spears School of Business.
Note: Any item containing the Spears School logo and being distributed outside of OSU must be approved by the Spears School Marketing and Communications unit before being produced or distributed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Spears School Marketing and Communications Services
- Marketing & Communications – The Spears School M&C unit can help you promote upcoming events or communicate
about events after they occur.
- Press release writing and distribution – To request a press release about club events and successes (including awards and honors), email email@example.com. To utilize press release distribution services for releases already written, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spears Headline News – The M&C unit publishes this eNewsletter featuring information on the latest happenings and upcoming events in the Spears School of Business, the Spears Headline News is disseminated by email to all Spears School faculty, staff and undergraduate students every week. To submit items, email email@example.com.
- Social media – The M&C unit can promote your event on Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms. To request to have an item promoted using social media, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event calendar – To request to have your organization’s events posted on the Spears School event calendar, email email@example.com.
- Spears School website news page – The M&C unit posts press releases, feature stories, news items, etc. at http://spears.okstate.edu/news and departmental sections of the web site as designated. To request to have an item posted on a news pages on the Spears School web site, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OSU Campus Life
Campus Life is made of up several units offers several marketing-related services to the campus community. (http://lcl.okstate.edu/)
- Registration of Fliers and Posters: Fliers and posters that are posted on OSU grounds must be registered at the Campus Life desk in the basement of the Student Union.
- Graphic Design Services: The Student Union Marketing Department and Campus Life offer assistance to all registered student organizations for their marketing and graphic design needs.
Physical Plant Sign Shop
A-frames – The OSU Physical Plant Sign Shop makes signage for the OSU System, including a-frames and other large-format items. A-frames are $75 per location and may remain on campus for 1-10 business days. For more information, call 744-7191. Locations available include: Northeast corner of Hall of Fame and Washington; South Library Plaza; Northwest corner of Farm Rd. and Monroe; Southwest corner of Monroe and Athletic; Northwest corner of Morrill and Hester; Chi O Clock; West entry to formal garden.
The Daily O’Collegian is a student-operated newspaper and most of the staff are journalism majors. The daily press run in 10,000. In addition, more than 350,000 people visit OColly.com each year.
- Editorial content – Send information to email@example.com to pitch story ideas for news or feature stories.
- Advertising content
- Display Advertising – Special university rates are available. Art is due two business days prior to publication.
- Inserts – Special advertising inserts (1-12 pages) can be added to the O’Colly press run. Visit www.ocolly.com for more information.
- Classified Advertising – Logos, graphics, and borders are available. Deadline for all classified advertising is noon the day prior to publication. Ads automatically appear online.
- Society Squares – Graphics and logos are available. Deadline for all classified advertising is noon the day prior to publication. Ads automatically appear online.
- Student Notices – Available to student groups and organizations for free/open events. No graphics or borders are available. Deadline for all classified advertising is noon the day prior to publication. Ads automatically appear online.
KOSU (Oklahoma/National Public Radio)
Oklahoma Public Radio KOSU “OPR” is the Oklahoma source for National Public Radio (NPR) news and information. With two of the largest public radio stations in the state, OPR broadcasts at 100,000 watts on 91.7 in central Oklahoma and on 107.5 in northeast Oklahoma, 24 hours a day. We also broadcast on 101.9 in Okmulgee. OPR also provides in-depth stories and features about the arts and Oklahoma culture, including the people and places that make our land grand.
- Editorial content – Submit ideas at http://kosu.org/contact-us.
- KOSU event calendar – Submit events at http://kosu.org/community-calendar
- OSU Headlines – eNewsletter featuring information on the latest happenings and upcoming events in the OSU System, the electronic newsletter OSU Headlines is disseminated two to three times each week to students, faculty, staff, administration, other members of the OSU family and media. Submit information at https://news.okstate.edu/submit-news.
- OSU Accomplishments – Newsletter compiled and published in conjunction with meetings of the Oklahoma A&M/OSU Board of Regents. The newsletter highlights the distinguished achievements of student, faculty and staff throughout the OSU System. Dates are determined every semester. Send information to firstname.lastname@example.org to pitch ideas.
- Inside OSU – Video segments with President Burns Hargis to highlight OSU achievements and share his vision and views of OSU. Send information to email@example.com to pitch ideas.
- OSU Calendar – Request access to submit events to the OSU Web calendar at http://calendar.okstate.edu.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact the M&C unit at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-744-2703.