- Programs & Admissions
- Student Life
- About Us
- Apply Now
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale is required.
- In exceptional circumstances, students with a lower GPA may be admitted if there are other indications of ability to complete graduate level work.
2. Letters of Recommendation
- Applicants should submit three (3) letters of recommendation which strongly support the applicant’s interest in and promise for successful work in a graduate degree program.
3. Applicant’s statement of Purpose and Goals
- This statement must address why the applicant is interested in pursuing a graduate degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management at Oklahoma State University.
- Must explicitly address career goals and an area of research intended for the thesis/dissertation. Please view the Non-Thesis Master’s information here.
- The applicant is asked to identify at least two Hospitality and Tourism Management faculty members s/he would prefer to work with and explain why.
- An explanation of how career goals have evolved; examples of prior professional and/or educational work; a description of participatory research experiences, if any; and a description of any professional or significant volunteer experiences which have shaped interests in graduate studies. This statement will help the admission committee assess the fit between the applicant’s background and goals, and the graduate program for which s/he is applying.
4. Resume or CV
5. Official GRE scores or GMAT scores Submission of scores from either the Graduate Records Examination (GRE) or the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) is a requirement for admission into the graduate program for all applicants. There are no exceptions to this requirement, and an application will not be considered for admission if an official GRE or GMAT score is not submitted
- For the Ph.D. program, there are no minimums however, the following threshold is recommended (GRE: verbal - 150 or higher; quantitative - 147 or higher; analytical writing - 4.0 or higher) (GMAT: verbal - 28 or higher; quantitative - 35 or higher; analytical writing – 4.0 or higher).
- For the Master’s program, there are no minimums required by CoHS. GRE/GMAT scores must be competitive with the current applicant pool to be considered for admission, and also may be used when awarding graduate assistantships.
- Test scores are valid for five years from the date of the original test.
6. English Proficiency Tests
- Applicants for whom English is a second language are required to demonstrate an acceptable level of spoken English by submitting a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- A minimum score of 79 on the internet based TOEFL or a 6.5 on the official IELTS examination will satisfy the English proficiency requirements for admission
- Test scores are valid for two years from the date of the original test.
7. Prior Academic Work
- To be adequately prepared for a graduate degree, PhD applicants should have successfully completed a thesis during the master’s degree and at least one college-level course in both research methods and statistics.
- Applicants without these core requirements for admission may be admitted on a provisional basis.
8. Industry Experience
- Master’s program requires 12 months accumulative experience.
- If no experience, an internship course will be required
- PhD Program prefers at least two years of industry experience
Application deadlines are as follows:
Ph.D. – January 15th to be admitted for the following Fall semester
MS (thesis and non-thesis) November 15th for Spring semester admission. April 15th for Fall semester admission.