- Spears Home
- About Us
- Student Resources
- Degree Programs
- Faculty Publications
- EEE Ecosystem
Awards and Recognitions
Awards Won by EEE
- Michael Morris, Jun Fu and Justin Webb’s paper entitled “A Competency-Based Perspective on Entrepreneurship Education” was accepted for publication by the Journal of Small Business Management. JSBM, as you know, is one of our top journals.
- Michael Morris, Rebecca Franklin-Bryant and Justin Webb’s paper entitled “Entrepreneurial Activity in American Indian Nations: Extending the GEM Methodology” was accepted in the Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship. JDM is also a solid journal.
- Oklahoma State University’s online Master of Entrepreneurship degree program is ranked #1 in the United States by TheBestSchools.org. We were selected the online Master of Entrepreneurship degree programs based on the quality of the program, the types of courses offered, the faculty, awards, rankings, and reputation, including the school’s reputation for effectively providing online degree programs.
- A big congratulations to Robert Baron. Robert’s Book, “Entrepreneurship: An Evidence-Based Guide,” was chosen as an Outstanding Academic Title for 2012 by Choice Magazine. This is a prestigious award. Choice is widely read by academic librarians in the U.S., and this award will get Robert”s book into most university libraries. Choice makes its selections based on the best reviewed titles during the past year. The article listing the award winners is in the January 2013 issues of Choice. Robert”s book will also be part of an exhibit of all the Outstanding Academic Title winners at the American Library Association’s mid-winter conference later this month.
- The School of Entrepreneurship’s PhD Program was named “National Model PhD Program” for entrepreneurship by USASBE (United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship) Saturday night, January 12, 2013 at the 2013 USASBE Conference held in San Francisco, CA. This is a very prestigious award. The judges stated that our program received ratings of ‘10’ in every category but one, and that one received a ‘9’. Michael Morris provided the initial support for the PhD program. Justin Webb has been the coordinator of the program for the past several years.
- Dr. Michael Morris was selected as a USASBE Justin G. Longenecker Fellow this past weekend at the 2013 USASBE Conference, held in San Francisco, CA. This award is the highest recognition that USASBE gives to individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the development, furtherance and benefit of small and medium businesses. Since 1986, only 63 individuals (which span educators, researchers, government officials, small business advocates and trade association leaders) have been selected as USASBE Fellows. What’s particularly impressive is that new USASBE fellow are recommended and voted in by the existing fellows. It is a distinction that is awarded by one’s peers, and can only be obtained by demonstrating a lifetime of passion and dedication to entrepreneurship and small business individuals and issues.
- Dr. Melanie Page was recently selected as a recipient of the 2012 Great Inspirations Award. Melanie will be recognized for her “Great Inspiration” at an awards presentation during the luncheon at the 2012 State of Creativity Forum at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City on Thursday, November 13th. As you all know, Melanie does many things in the area of creativity, but one of the things she does is oversee the university wide Creativity Festival that is held on campus each spring. The School of Entrepreneurship CIE Scholars organize and execute the event under Melanie’s supervision.
- The Women Entrepreneurs INSPIRE Conference has been named a 2012 Program Making a Difference by the Journal Record, as part of its Woman of the Year Awards. WeInspire will be honored during the Woman of the Year annual awards dinner on October 4th in Oklahoma City.
- The School of Entrepreneurship won the National Model Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Program award, given annually to the program that has developed and offers high quality and innovative programs to educate and train future generations of entrepreneurs. The award is given to exemplary programs that reflect innovation, quality, comprehensiveness, sustainability, transferability, depth of support and impact. This award is one of the most prestigious honors given by the United States Association of Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE). It was presented at the 2012 USASBE Annual Conference held in New Orleans, from January 12 to January 15.
- Dr. Michael Morris was honored by the United States Association of Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE) as the Outstanding Entrepreneurship Educator of the Year. This award has only been presented 12 times since its inception in 1992, and Dr. Morris joins such notable past winners as Dr. Jeffery Timmons and Dr. William Bygrave from Babson College, Dr. Tom Byers from Stanford, Dr. George Solomon from George Washington University, and Dr. Don Kuratko from Indiana University.
- OSU Entrepreneurship Professor Awarded
- Freedoms Foundation honors OSU professor with 34th Annual Leavey Award for inspiring the next generation of business leaders
- Dr. Westbrook was awarded the Outstanding Service Leader Faculty Member for 2010-2011
Awards Given within EEE
- OSU named top 25 Entrepreneurship Schools in the US by the Princeton review
- OSU E-Club: Top 10 Entrepreneurship Clubs in the US
- “Xplosafe named one of Oklahoma’s Most Promising New Ventures”