School of Marketing & International Business
Assistant Professor, Spears School of Business
STILLWATER, OK 74078
BiographyLidan Xu is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at the Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University. Professor Xu holds a Ph.D. in Business Administration (Marketing) from University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign and a B.S.in Business Management from Brigham Young University. She has published research appearing in the Journal of Consumer Research and her research has been covered by various media outlets. Her dissertation won Honorable Mention Award at the PDMA (Product Development and Management Association) Dissertation Competition. Dr. Xu's research interests include creativity and innovation, luxury consumption, sensory perceptions, and social cognition.
- Ph D, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Marketing, 2018
- BS, Brigham Young University, Business Management, 2013
- Ravi Mehta, Lidan Xu, and Darren Dahl. "The Role of Identity Salience in Creative Thinking". Handbook of Research on Identity Theory in Marketing.
- Lidan Xu, Ravi Mehta, and Kelly Herd. (2019). "Look at Me! Or Don’t…: How Mere Social Presence Impacts Innovation Adoption". Journal of the Association for Consumer Research. 4(3), 269-279.
- Ryan Elder, Ann Schlosser, Morgan Poor, and Lidan Xu. (2017). "So Close I Can Almost Sense It: The Interplay Between Sensory Imagery and Psychological Distance". Journal of Consumer Research. (44), 4, 877-894.
Awards and Honors
- Robert Mittelstaedt Doctoral Symposium Fellow (2017)
- Dissertation Competition Honorable Mention Award (2017)
- Doctoral Consortium Fellow (2017)
- Haring Symposium Fellow (2016)
- List of Excellent Teachers (2016)
- Richard D. and Anne Marie Irwin Fellowship (2016)
- Robert Mittelstaedt Doctoral Symposium Fellow (2015)
- Summer Fellowship (2015)
- Dr. Avinish Chatuvedi Memorial Student Ambassador Award (2014)
- Robert Ferber Award (2014)
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Oklahoma State University, Assistant Professor, Spears School of Business, August 2018
- University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Instructor, International Marketing, 2016
- University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Teaching Assistant, 2015