Department of Economics
Assistant Professor, Spears School of Business
STILLWATER, OK 74078
- Ph D, University of Delaware, Economic Education, 2018
- MA, Villanova University, History, 2004
- Other, Millersville University of Penn, Social Studies Education, 1998
- Laura Ahlstrom. "Does Advanced Placement Economics Exam Participation and Performance Predict Undergraduate Economics Major Completion?". The American Economist (Forthcoming).
- Laura Ahlstrom and Franklin G. Mixon Jr. (2020). "The Private Provision of a Public Good: An Examination of Hollywood’s Adaptation of the Third Servile War". War Movies and Economics: Lessons from Hollywood’s Adaptations of Military Conflicts.
- Laura J. Ahlstrom (ed.) and Franklin G Mixon Jr. (ed.). (2020). "War Movies and Economics: Lessons from Hollywood’s Adaptations of Military Conflicts ". Abingdon: Routledge.
- Laura Ahlstrom, Franklin G Mixon Jr., and Kamal P Upadhyaya. (2019). "Exploring Increasing Income Inequality in the U.S.: A Public Choice Approach". Compensation & Benefits Review. (50), 4, 181-188.
- Laura Ahlstrom and Carlos Asarta. (2019). "The Gender Gap in Undergraduate Economics Course Persistence and Degree Selection". AEA Papers and Proceedings. (109), 255-260.
- Laura Ahlstrom and Carlos Asarta. (2019). "Navigating the Economics Major: The Effect of Gender on Students' Degree Pathways". New York, NY: Teaching Economics: Perspectives on Innovative Economics Education. 115-136.
- Laura J. Ahlstrom and Franklin Mixon, Jr.. (2018). "‘Another Day, Another Vlog’: The Alchian-Allen Theorem, Social Media, And Long-Distance Relationships". Perspectives on Economic Education Research. (11), 1, 88-97.
- Laura Ahlstrom. (2015). "Sweet Potato Pie". St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank.
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Oklahoma State University, Assistant Professor, Spears School of Business, August 2018
- University of Delaware, Dissertation Fellow, August 2017 - June 2018
- University of Delaware, Graduate Assistant/Graduate Instructor, 2013 - 2017
- Conestoga High School, Tredyffrin/Easttown School District, Social Studies Teacher, 2001 - 2014
- University of Delaware, Graduate Assistant, 2012 - 2013
- Owen J. Roberts, Eastern Lancaster County and Octorara Area School Districts, Social Studies Teacher (Long-Term Substitute), 1998 - 2001