- About Us
- About Us - Home
- Power of Personal
- Academic Departments
- Offices & Centers
- Deans & Leadership Team
- Honors and Awards
- Rankings and Recognitions
- About William S. Spears
- Map and Directions
- Our New Building
- POP Alert
- Core Curriculum
- Spears School A-Z
- Pete's Pet Posse
- Degree Programs
- Watson Graduate School
- Online Learning
- Breakout Room Reservation
- I Am Building Project
- Building Floor Plans
- Wall Street Journal Access
- New Building
- Apply Now!
Department of Economics
Assistant Professor, Spears School of Business
STILLWATER, AL 74078
- Ph D, University of Delaware, Economic Education, 2018
- MA, Villanova University, History, 2004
- Other, Millersville University of Penn, Social Studies Education, 1998
- Laura Ahlstrom and Carlos Asarta. (2019). "The Gender Gap in Undergraduate Economics Course Persistence and Degree Selection". AEA Papers and Proceedings. (109), 255-260.
- Laura Ahlstrom and Carlos Asarta. "Navigating the Economics Major: Gender and Students’ Degree Pathways.". New York, NY: (Forthcoming).
- Laura Ahlstrom, Franklin G Mixon Jr., and Kamal P Upadhyaya. (2018). "Exploring Increasing Income Inequality in the U.S.: A Public Choice Approach". Compensation & Benefits Review. (50), 4, 181-188.
- Laura J. Ahlstrom and Franklin Mixon, Jr.. (2018). "‘Another Day, Another Vlog’: The Alchian-Allen Theorem, Social Media, And Long-Distance Relationships". Perspectives on Economic Education Research. (11), 1, 88-97.
- Laura Ahlstrom. (2015). "Sweet Potato Pie". St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank.
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Oklahoma State University, Assistant Professor, Spears School of Business, August 2018
- University of Delaware, Dissertation Fellow, August 2017 - June 2018
- University of Delaware, Graduate Assistant/Graduate Instructor, 2013 - 2017
- Conestoga High School, Tredyffrin/Easttown School District, Social Studies Teacher, 2001 - 2014
- University of Delaware, Graduate Assistant, 2012 - 2013
- Owen J. Roberts, Eastern Lancaster County and Octorara Area School Districts, Social Studies Teacher (Long-Term Substitute), 1998 - 2001