Department of Management Science & Information Systems
Assistant Professor, Spears School of Business
STILLWATER, OK 74078-4011
- Ph D, University of North Texas, Information Systems, 2018
- MS, University of Texas at Dallas, Systems Engineering and Management, 2014
- BS, Enugu State University, Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, 1995
- Obi Ogbanufe and Natalie Gerhart. "Smartwatch Identity as a Mediating Influence on the Effects of Benefits and Risks on Innovative Individual Performance". Information Systems Journal (Forthcoming).
- Obi Ogbanufe, C. Dinulescu, X. Liu, and C. Kucuk. (2019). "It’s in the Cloud: Theorizing Context -Specific Factors Influencing the Perception and Use of Mobile Cloud Storage". The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems (Forthcoming).
- Obi Ogbanufe. (2019). "Technology Made Simple for the Technical Recruiter, 2nd Edition". iUniverse.
- Obi Ogbanufe and D. J. Kim. (2018). "Just how risky is it anyway? The Role of Risk Perception and Trust on Click-through Intention". Information Systems Management. (35), 3, 182-200.
- Obi Ogbanufe and N. Gerhart. (2018). "Watch It! Factors Driving Continued Feature Use of the Smartwatch". International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction . (34), 11, 999-1014.
- Obi Ogbanufe and Dan Kim. (2018). "Comparing fingerprint-based biometrics authentication versus traditional authentication methods for e-payment". Decision Support Systems. (106), 1-14.
Awards and Honors
- Listed Best Reviewer - AMCIS 2019 (2019)
- Business Computer Information Systems Ph.D. Scholar Award (2017)
- Outstanding Research Award (2017)
- President’s Award (2004)
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Oklahoma State University, Assistant Professor, Spears School of Business, August 2018
- Department of Health and Human Services, IT Security Specialist (Intern), May 2016 - August 2016
- Department of Health and Human Services, IT Security Specialist (Intern), June 2015 - August 2015
- Medsynergies, IT Service Executive, November 2011 - August 2014
- Indigomark, Product Manager/Principal, 2006 - 2011
- Match.com, SQL Server Database Engineer, 2003 - 2006