- About Us
- About Us - Home
- Power of Personal
- Academic Departments
- Offices & Centers
- Deans & Leadership Team
- Honors and Awards
- Rankings and Recognitions
- About William S. Spears
- Map and Directions
- Our Building
- POP Alert
- Core Curriculum
- Spears School A-Z
- Pete's Pet Posse
- Degree Programs
- Watson Graduate School
- Online Learning
- Breakout Room Reservation
- I Am Building Project
- Building Floor Plans
- Wall Street Journal Access
- Future Students
- Apply Now!
School of Marketing & International Business
STILLWATER, OK 74078
- Ph D, Washington State University , Marketing, 2015
- MBA, Gonzaga University , Business, 2006
- BS, Santa Clara University, Economics, 2000
- Todd Weaver, Mark Mulder, Leslie Koppenhafer, Kristin Scott, and Richie L. Liu. "Diving In or Driving By: Tensions Between Relational and Transactional Approaches to Poverty Alleviation". Journal of Business Research (Forthcoming).
- Richie L. Liu, David Sprott, Eric Spangenberg, Sandor Czellar, and Kevin Voss. (2018). "Consumer Preference for National vs. Private Brands: The Influence of Brand Engagement and Self-Concept Threat". Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. (41), 90-100.
- Richie L. Liu, David Sprott, Eric Spangenberg, and Sandor Czellar. (2018). "Engaging with Brands: The Influence of Dispositional and Situational Brand Engagement on Customer Advocacy,” in Customer Engagement Marketing". Switzerland: Springer International: eds. Robert Palmatier, V. Kumar, and Colleen Harmeling; Customer Engagement Marketing. 269-292.
- Richie L. Liu and Elizabeth Minton. (2018). "Faith-Filled Brands: The Interplay of Religious Branding and Brand Engagement in the Self-Concept". Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. (44), 305-314.
- Elizabeth Minton, Richie L. Liu, and Christopher Lee. (2018). "The 101 Calorie Mini Pack: The Interaction Between Numerical and Verbal Marketing Cues". Marketing Letters. (29), 2, 225-239.
- Jeff Joireman, Richie L. Liu, and Ioannis Kareklas. (2018). "Images Paired with Concrete Claims Improve Skeptical Consumers’ Responses to Advertising Promoting a Firm’s Good Deeds". Journal of Marketing Communications. (24), 1, 83-102.
- Elizabeth Minton, Kathryn Johnson, and Richie L. Liu. "Religiosity and Special Food Consumption: The Explanatory Effects of Moral Priorities". Journal of Business Research (Forthcoming).
- Sakdipon Juasrikul, Arvin Sahaym, Sean Yim, and Richie L. Liu. "Do Cross-Border Alliances with MNEs from Developed Economies Create Firm Value for MNEs from Emerging Economies?". Journal of Business Research (Forthcoming).
- Elizabeth Minton and Richie L. Liu. "It's Only Once, So Let's Indulge: Testing Ordinary vs. Extraordinary Experience within Marketing Messaging, Temporal Distance, and Consumer Indulgence". Journal of Consumer Affairs (Forthcoming).
- Kathryn Johnson, Richie L. Liu, Elizabeth Minton, Darrell Bartholomew, Mark Peterson, Adam Cohen, and Jeremy Kees. (2017). "Citizens’ Representations of God and Support for Sustainable Policies". Journal of Public Policy and Marketing. (36), 2, 362-378.
- Mark Mulder and Richie L. Liu. (2017). "Consumer Awareness and Motivation for Organic Food Consumption: Exploring the Environmental and Health Considerations Surrounding the Production of Organic Food; Understanding Perspectives on Organic Products from the Consumer, Producer and Retailer,” in Deciphering Organic Foods: A Comprehensive Guide to Organic Food Production, Consumption, and Promotion". New York, NY: Nova: eds. Ioannis Kareklas and Darrel D. Muehling; Deciphering Organic Foods: A Comprehensive Guide to Organic Food Production, Consumption, and Promotion. 1-28.
- David Sprott and Richie L. Liu. (2016). "Research Trends on Branding in Consumer Psychology". Current Opinion in Psychology. (10), 124-128.
- Jeff Joireman, Dustin Smith, Richie L. Liu, and Jonathan Arthurs. (2015). "It’s All Good: Corporate Social Responsibility Reduces Negative and Promotes Positive Responses to Service Failures among Value-Aligned Customers". Journal of Public Policy and Marketing. (34), 1, 32-49.
- Jeff Joireman and Richie L. Liu. (2014). "Future-Oriented Women will Pay to Reduce Global Warming: Mediation via Political Orientation, Environmental Values, and Belief in Global Warming". Journal of Environmental Psychology. (40), 4, 391-400.
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Oklahoma State University, Assistant Professor, August 2015
- Intermountain Community Bank, Vice-President, 2007 - 2010
- AmericanWest Bank, Vice-President, 2005 - 2007