- About Us
- About Us - Home
- Power of Personal
- Academic Departments
- Offices & Centers
- Deans & Leadership Team
- Honors and Awards
- Rankings and Recognitions
- About William S. Spears
- Map and Directions
- Our Building
- POP Alert
- Core Curriculum
- Spears School A-Z
- Pete's Pet Posse
- Degree Programs
- Watson Graduate School
- Online Learning
- Breakout Room Reservation
- I Am Building Project
- Building Floor Plans
- Wall Street Journal Access
- Future Students
- Apply Now!
Department of Management
STILLWATER, OK 74078
BiographyJason Kiley is an Assistant Professor in the Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University. His research takes a behavioral approach to strategic management and focuses on firm perceptions and performance, specifically impression management and corporate reputation. He often examines firm perceptions in the mergers and acquisitions context, drawing on his experience as a lawyer on numerous large corporate transactions. Overall, he seeks to explore how perceptions of the firm affect the behavior of both firms and their various stakeholders. Jason has published in the Academy of Management Journal and the New York Law Journal.
- Ph D, University of Georgia, 2015
- JD, Hofstra Univeristy, School of Law, 2007
- BS, Dalton State College, Industrial Operations Management, 2004
- D. Gamache, G. McNamara, S. Graffin, Jason T. Kiley, J. Haleblian, and C. Devers. (2018). "Impression offsetting as an early warning signal of low CEO confidence in acquisitions.". Academy of Management Journal. (https://doi.org/10.5465/amj.2017.0158),
- M.D. Pfarrer, Jason T. Kiley, and J. Haleblian. (2017). "Prestigious firms make riskier acquisitions than other firms.". Harvard Business Review Online.
- J. Haleblian, M.D. Pfarrer, and Jason T. Kiley. (2017). "High-reputation firms and their differential acquisition behaviors". Strategic Management Journal. (38), 2237-2254.
- S.D. Graffin, J. Haleblian, and Jason T. Kiley. (2016). "Ready, AIM, acquire: Impression offsetting and acquisitions". Academy of Management Journal. (59), 232-252.
- Jason T. Kiley. (2008). "New deals: DLA Piper, Skadden, Fried Frank on $6.4 billion biotechnology deal". New York Law Journal..
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Oklahoma State University, Assistant Professor, August 2015
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP, Associate Attorney, 2007 - 2009
- Sterling Textile Systems, Inc., Manager, 2003 - 2004
- DC, Co-Owner, 2002 - 2002
- Chadwick and Associates Management Systems, Inc., Consultant, 2000 - 2002