- About Us
- About Us - Home
- Power of Personal
- Academic Departments
- Offices & Centers
- Deans & Leadership Team
- Honors and Awards
- Rankings and Recognitions
- About William S. Spears
- Map and Directions
- Our Building
- POP Alert
- Core Curriculum
- Spears School A-Z
- Pete's Pet Posse
- Degree Programs
- Watson Graduate School
- Online Learning
- Breakout Room Reservation
- I Am Building Project
- Building Floor Plans
- Wall Street Journal Access
- Future Students
- Apply Now!
Department of Management Science & Information Systems
STILLWATER, AL 74078-4011
- Ph D, Iowa State University, Business and Technology, 2014
- MS, Iowa State University, Psychology, 2012
- MBA, Iowa State University, Business Administration, 2010
- Ph D, Iowa State University, Computer Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, 2009
- MS, Iowa State University, Information Assurance, Computer Engineering, 2005
- BA, Simpson College, Computer Science, 2002
- Andy Luse and James R. Burkman. (2018). "Safely Using Real-World Data for Teaching Statistics: A Comparison of Student Performance and Perceived Realism between Dataset Types". Journal of the Midwest Association for Information Systems. (2018), 1, 11-22.
- Andy Luse, A.M. Townsend, and B. Mennecke. "The Blocking Effect of Preconceived Bias". Decision Support Systems (Forthcoming).
- Julie Rursch, P. Pfister, Andy Luse, and T. Tran. (2018). "The Constantly Evolving Freshman Engineering Course: The Case of the DualShock4 Game Controller to Increase Engagement with Laboratory Exercises for an Introductory Problem Solving Course". 2018 IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference.
- Behrooz Davazdahemami, Bryan I. Hammer, Andy Luse, and Pankush Kalgotra. (2018). "The Role of Parallelism in Resolving the Privacy Paradox of Information Disclosure in Social Networks". International Conference on Information Systems.
- Behrooz Davazdahemami, Andy Luse, K. Scheibe, and A.M. Townsend. "Training, Self-Efficacy, and Performance; a Replication Study". AIS Transactions on Replication Research (Forthcoming).
- Amjad Al Marzooq, Andy Luse, and James R. Burkman. (2018). "Windows ME: Using Antiquated Software to Learn about Security". New York, NY: IEEE Potentials. 0278-6648).
- Andy Luse and James R. Burkman. (2017). "An Evaluation of Scales Used for Measuring Attribution". Midwest Association for Information Systems Conference.
- Andy Luse and Bryan I. Hammer. (2017). "High School Introductory Programming on Raspberry Pi Made From Scratch". International Journal of People-Oriented Programming. (6), 2,
- David Biros, Nan Peter Liang, and Andy Luse. (2017). "Taxonomy of Malicious Insiders: A Proof of Concept Study". Americas Conference on Information Systems.
- Pankush Kalgotra, Andy Luse, and Ramesh Sharda. (2017). "Take Control of Interruptions in Your Life: Lessons from Routine Activity Theory of Criminology". Proceedings of the 50th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. 5668-5677. 978-0-9981331-0-2.
- Nan Peter Liang, David Biros, and Andy Luse. (2016). "An Empirical Validation of Malicious Insider Characteristics”, Journal of Management Information Systems". Journal of Management Information Systems. (33), 2, 361-392.
- D. Laux, Andy Luse, and B. Mennecke. (2016). "Collaboration, Connectedness, and Community: An examination of the factors Influencing Student Persistence in Virtual Communities". Computers in Human Behavior. (57), 452-464.
- Andy Luse. (2016). "When Size Does Matter: Identifying Multilevel Factors Contributing to IT Major Choice". Midwest Association for Information Systems Conference.
- Daniel Wang, Andy Luse, and James R. Burkman. (2016). "Dynamic Visualization of Time-Based Changes to Data Generated by Reddit.com: The Real Time Conversation Project". Cedar Falls, Iowa: American Journal of Undergraduate Research. (13), 4, 59-68. 1536-4585 2375-8732.
- Nan Peter Liang, David Biros, and Andy Luse. (2016). "Malicious Insiders: Who Might be the Ephialtes in Your Organization". Journal for the Colloquium of Information System Security Education. (4), 1, 145-161.
- Andy Luse. (2015). "Estimating Random Effects in Multilevel Structural Equation Models Using Mplus". Journal of the Midwest Association for Information Systems.
- P. Carlson, A. Peters, S.B. Gilbert, J.M. Vance, and Andy Luse. (2015). "Virtual Training: Learning Transfer of Assembly Tasks". Arles, France: IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics. (21), 6, 770-782.
- Andy Luse. (2015). "Estimating Random Effects in Multilevel Structural Equations Models". Ames, IA: 9th Annual Midwest Association for Information Systems Conference. (2015), 2, 31-52.
- S. Schiller, B. Mennecke, F. Nah, and Andy Luse. (2014). "Institutional Boundaries and Trust of Virtual Teams in Collaborative Design: An Experimental Study in a Virtual World Environment". Computers in Human Behavior. (35), 565-577.
- Andy Luse and B. Mennecke. (2014). "IT Can Matter: Co-Evolution Fostering IT Competitive Advantage". Management Research Review. (37), 6, 574-588.
- Y. Wang, A. Townsend, B. Mennecke, and Andy Luse. (2014). "Understanding the Moderating Roles of Types of Recommender Systems and Products on Customer Behavioral Intention to Use Recommender Systems". Information Systems and e-Business Management. 1-31.
- Andy Luse, J. Rursch, and D. Jaobson. (2014). "Utilizing Structural Equation Modeling and Social Cognitive Career Theory to Identify Factors in Choice of IT as a Major". ACM Transactions on Computing Education. (14), 3, 1-19.
- Andy Luse, Brian Mennecke, Anthony Townsend, and Doug Jacobson. (2014). "Employing Interactive Maps to Increase User Utilization of Visualization Mechanisms for Network Security Management". Journal of Information Systems Security. (8), 3, 61-85. 1551-0123.
- Andy Luse, B. Mennecke, and J. Triplett. (2013). "The Changing Nature of User Attitudes Toward Virtual World Technology: A Longitudinal Study". Computers in Human Behavior. (29), 3, 1122-1132.
- Andy Luse, B. Mennecke, A.M. Townsend, and S. DeMarie. (2013). "Strategic Information Systems Security: Definition and Theoretical Model". Chicago, IL: The Nineteenth Americas Conference on Information Systems.
- Andy Luse, James C. McElroy, Anthony M. Townsend, and Samuel DeMarie. (2013). "Personality and Cognitive Style as Predictors of Preference for Working in Virtual Teams". Computers in Human Behavior. (29), 4, 1825–1832. 0747-5632.
- Andy Luse, B. Mennecke, and A.M. Townsend. (2013). "Experience Richness: Effects of Training Method on Individual Technology Acceptance". Maui, HI: Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- L. Smarandescu, A. Peters, B. Mennecke, and Andy Luse. (2013). "Mesmerized: The Effect of Moving Digital Displays on Food Preference". New Orleans, LA: The Fourteenth Annual Meeting of The Society for Personality and Social Psychology.
Awards and Honors
- MSIS 2016 Department Faculty Award (2016)
- Richard W. Poole Research Excellence Award (2016)
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Oklahoma State University, Assistant Professor, 2013
- Iowa State University, Systems Support Specialist, January 2005 - July 2013
- IBM Corporation, Rochester, MN, Software Engineering Intern, May 2005 - August 2005
- Rockwell Collins Inc., Software Development intern, May 2004 - August 2004
- National Security Agency, SNEIP Intern, May 2003 - August 2003
- EFCO Corporation, Application Development intern, May 2002 - August 2002