- About Us
- About Us - Home
- Power of Personal
- Academic Departments
- Offices & Centers
- Deans & Leadership Team
- Honors and Awards
- Rankings and Recognitions
- About William S. Spears
- Map and Directions
- Our Building
- POP Alert
- Core Curriculum
- Spears School A-Z
- Pete's Pet Posse
- Degree Programs
- Watson Graduate School
- Online Learning
- Breakout Room Reservation
- I Am Building Project
- Building Floor Plans
- Wall Street Journal Access
- Future Students
- Apply Now!
School of Marketing & International Business
STILLWATER, OK 74078
- Ph D, University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business, Marketing, 2012
- MS, University of Maryland, Survey Methodology, 2004
- BA, James Madison University, Business Administration in Marketing, 2000
- James Ted Matherly, Zachary Arens, and Todd Arnold. (2018). "Big Brands, Big Cities: How the Population Penalty Affects Common, Identity Relevant Brands in Densely Populated Areas". International Journal of Research in Marketing. (35), 1,
- Zachary G Arens and Rebecca W Hamilton. (2018). "The Substitution Strategy Dilemma: Substitute Selection versus Substitute Effectiveness". Journal of Academy of Marketing Science. (46), 1, 130-146.
- Zachary G Arens and Rebecca W Hamilton. (2017). "The Rebound of the Forgone Alternative". Journal of Consumer Psychology. (27), 3, 318-332.
- Zachary Arens, James Ted Matherly, and Todd Arnold. (2016). "Big Brands, Big Cities: How the Population Penalty Affects Common Brands in Densely Populated Areas". Berlin, Germany: Association for Consumer Research.
- Zachary Arens and Rebecca W Hamilton. (2016). "Why Focusing on the Similarity of Substitutes Leaves a Lot to Be Desired". Journal of Consumer Research. (43), 3, 448-459.
- Rebecca W. Hamilton, Debra V. Thompson, Zachary Arens, Simon J. Blanchard, Gerald Haubl, P. K. Kannan, Uzma Kahn, Donald Lehmann, Margaret Meloy, Neal Roese, and Manoj Thomas. (2014). "Consumer substitution decisions: An integrative framework". Marketing Letters. (25), 3, 305-317.
- Zachary G Arens and Roland T. Rust. (2011). "The duality of decisions and the case for impulsiveness metrics". Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science . (40), 3, 468-479.
- Catalina Kopetz, Arie Kruglanski, Zachary G Arens, Jordan Etkin, and Heather M. Johnson. (2011). "The dynamics of consumer behavior: A goal systemic perspective". Journal of Consumer Psychology. (22), 2, 208-223.
- Roger Tourangeau, Frederick Conrad, Zachary Arens, Scott Fricker, and Sunghee Lee. (2006). "Everyday Concepts and Classification Errors: Judgments of Disability and Residence". Journal of Official Statistics. (22), 3, 385-418.
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Oklahoma State University, Department of Marketing, Assistant Professor, August 2013
- Rice University, Visiting Assistant Professor, July 2012 - June 2013
- The Gallup Organization, San Francisco, CA, Lead Methodologist for The Gallup Panel, 2005 - 2007
- The Gallup Organization, Washington, DC, Management Consultant & Data Analyst, 2000 - 2005