Center for Executive & Professional Development
Executive in Residence, Spears School of Business
STILLWATER, OK 74076
BiographyIn addition to teaching, Kyle Eastham, Executive in Residence, helps students explore their entrepreneurial ideas at Student Startup Central. After 22 years in state government, working as a law enforcement officer, training manager, and human resources manager, Kyle founded Black Belt Performance, a speaking and training company. Kyle has spoken to groups all over the U.S., including the US Navy, Social Security Administration, and various national conferences.
Kyle holds a Master's in Entrepreneurship from OSU and a Master's in Public Administration from the University of Oklahoma. He has written two books: Good Enough for Government Work: How to Squash Mediocrity in Government, and Life is a Bowl of Choices.
- MS, Oklahoma State University, Entrepreneurship, 2011
- MA, University of Oklahoma, Public Administration, 1997
- BS, Oklahoma State University, Wildlife Ecology, 1983
- Kyle Eastham. (2009). "Good Enough for Government Work – How to Squash Mediocrity in Government". Reynolds Publishing: Oklahoma City, OK: .
- Kyle Eastham. (2008). "Be a Quitter Like Me: How Quitting Can Improve Quality and Advance One’s Career". Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality and Tourism. (9), 1,
- Kyle Eastham. (2004). "Life is a Bowl of Choices – Today’s Choices Create Tomorrow’s Destiny ". Reynolds Publishing: Oklahoma City, OK: .
Awards and Honors
- Leadership Stillwater (2017)
- Excellence in Online Teaching Award (2017)
- Outstanding Entrepreneuial Educator (2017)
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Oklahoma State University, Executive in Residence, Spears School of Business, January 01 2016
- Meridian Technology Center, Adjunct, 2012 - 2015
- Black BeltPerformance LLC, President, 2003 - December 31 2015
- Oklahoma State University, Adjunct, Spears School of Business, August 2011 - May 2014
- Bold Step, Executive Director, June 2011 - November 2013
- Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, Human Resources, October 1995 - January 2007
- Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, Game Warden, October 1 1984 - October 1 1995