- About Us
- About Us - Home
- Power of Personal
- Academic Departments
- Offices & Centers
- Deans & Leadership Team
- Honors and Awards
- Rankings and Recognitions
- About William S. Spears
- Map and Directions
- Our Building
- POP Alert
- Core Curriculum
- Spears School A-Z
- Pete's Pet Posse
- Degree Programs
- Watson Graduate School
- Online Learning
- Breakout Room Reservation
- I Am Building Project
- Building Floor Plans
- Future Students
- Apply Now!
Department of Management
Joe Synar Chair
STILLWATER, OK 74078-4011
BiographyBryan Edwards is the Joe Synar chair and associate professor of management specializing in human resource management and organizational behavior. Dr. Edwards is an expert in selection, training, performance management, leadership, organizational development, and team effectiveness. His current research interests are training and development, performance management, and organizational change and development. Dr. Edwards currently serves on the editorial boards of Journal of Management, Journal of Applied Psychology, Personnel Psychology, Journal of Business and Psychology. His research has been funded by the National Science Foundation, Material Handling Industry of America, Department of Defense, and other public and private agencies. Prior to coming to OSU, Dr. Edwards served on faculty at Tulane University and Auburn University.
- Ph D, Texas A&M University, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, 2003
- MS, University of South Alabama, Psychology, 1997
- BS, University of Alabama, Psychology, 1995
- Toby Joplin, Rebecca Greenbaum, Craig Wallace, and Bryan D Edwards. "Employee entitlement, engagement, and performance: The moderating effect of ethical leadership". Journal of Business Ethics (Forthcoming).
- Wm Camron Casper, Bryan Edwards, Craig Wallace, and Ronald R Landis. "Selecting response anchors with equal intervals for summated rating scales". Journal of Applied Psychology (Forthcoming).
- Brian D Webster and Bryan D Edwards. " Does holding a second job viewed as a calling impact one’s work at the primary job? ". Journal of Vocational Behavior (Forthcoming).
- Brian Webster, Bryan Edwards, and Mickey B. Smith. "Is holding two jobs too much? An examination of dual jobholders". Journal of Business and Psychology (Forthcoming).
- Kristin Cullen, Brian Webster, Bryan Edwards, and Phillip Braddy. (2018). "Why so negative? The cumulative effect of organizational change on employees". European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology.
- Craig Wallace, Bryan Edwards, M. S. Christian, Jeffrey Paul, M.J. Burke, and Gabi M Eissa. (2016). "Change the referent? A meta-analytic investigation of direct and referent-shift consensus models for organizational climate". Journal of Management. (40), 1-24.
- Craig Wallace, Bryan Edwards, and W. Dyer. (2014). "Organizational well-being: A dual focus on performance and well-being". Talent Management Excellence Essentials.
- B.L. Perdomo, L.A. Jones-Farmer, Bryan Edwards, and D. Svyantek. (2014). "The robustness of ME/I evaluations to among-group dependence". Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal. (21), 40-53.
- Bryan Edwards, A.M. Franco-Watkins, K.L. Cullen, and J. Walsh. (2014). "Unifying the challenge-hindrance and sociocognitive models of stress". International Journal of Stress Management. (21), 162-185.
- K.L. Cullen, Bryan Edwards, W.C. Casper, and K. Gue. (2014). "Employees' adaptability and perceptions of change-related uncertainty: Implications for perceived organizational support, job satisfaction, and performance". Journal of Business and Psychology. (29), 269-280.
- Bryan Edwards, Christopher Warren, Travis Tubré, and Michael Zyphur. (2013). "The validity of narcissism and driving anger in predicting aggressive driving in a sample of young drivers". Human Performance. (26), 191-210.
- Ana M. Franco-Watkins, Bryan Edwards, and Roy Acuff. (2013). "Effort and fairness in bargaining". Journal of Behavioral Decision Making. (26), 79-90.
- E. R. Dahlen, Bryan Edwards, T. C. Tubré, M. J. Zyphur, and C. Warren. (2012). "Taking a look behind the wheel: An investigation into the personality predictors of aggressive". Accident, Analysis, and Prevention. (45), 1-9.
- Bryan Edwards, W. Arthur, Jr., and L. L. Bruce. (2012). "The three-option format for knowledgeand ability multiple-choice tests: A case for why it should be more commonly used in personnel testing ". International Journal of Selection and Assessment. (20), 65-81.
- Bryan Edwards and Craig Wallace. (2011). "Managing confrontation: Holding others accountable for poor performance". IPMA-HR News. 8-11.
- M. S. Fleisher, D. J. Woehr, Bryan Edwards, and K. L. Cullen. (2011). "Assessing withinperson personality variability via frequency estimation: More evidence of a new measurement approach". Journal of Research in Personality. (45), 535-548.
- M.S. Christian, Bryan Edwards, and J.C. Bradley. (2010). "On the Nature of Situational Judgment Tests: Constructs Assessed and a Meta-Analysis of their Criterion-Related Validities". Personnel Psychology. (63), 83-117.
- Bryan Edwards. (2010). "Review of "Confirmatory Factor Analysis for Applied Research" by Timothy A. Brown". Organizational Research Methods. (13), 214-217.
- R. Landis, Bryan Edwards, and J. Cortina. (2009). ""Correlated Residuals Among Items in the Estimation of Measurement Models," in C.E. Lance & R.J. Vandenberg (eds.), Statistical and Methodological Myths and Urgan Legends: Doctrine, Verity, and Fable in the Organizational and Social Sciences". New York: Routledge. 195-214.
- D. Finch, Bryan Edwards, and Craig Wallace. (2009). "Multiple Hurdle Selection Strategies: Simulating the Effects on Adverse Impact and Predictive Efficiency for Various Predictor Combinations". Journal of Applied Psychology. (94), 318-340.
- Craig Wallace, Bryan Edwards, Todd Arnold, Lance Frazier, and D.M. Finch. (2009). "Work Stressors, Role-Based Performance, and the Moderating Role of Organizational Support". Journal of Applied Psychology. (94), 1, 254-262.
- Craig Wallace, Bryan Edwards, A. Shull, and D.M. Finch. (2009). "An Examination of the Tendency to Suppress and Reappraise Emotions on Task-Related Job Performance". Human Performance. (22), 23-43.
- Craig Wallace and Bryan Edwards. (2008). "Insights into Attracting and Retaining Talent from Generation Y". Alexandria, VA: IPMA-HR News..
- Bryan Edwards, D. Bell, S.T. Arthur, and A.D. Decuir. (2008). "Relationships Between Facets of Job Satisfaction and Task and Contextual Performance". Applied Psychology: An International Review. (57), 441-465.
- Craig Wallace, Bryan Edwards, S.P. Mondore, and D.M. Finch. (2008). "The Interactive Effects of Litigation Intentions and Procedural Justice Climate on Employee-Employer Litigation Charges". Journal of Managerial Issues. (20), 313-326.
- W. Arthur, S.T. Bell, and Bryan Edwards. (2007). "An Empirical Comparison of the Criterion-Related Validities of Additive and Referent-Shift Operationalizations of Team Efficacy". Organizational Research Methods. (10), 35-58.
- Bryan Edwards and W. Arthur. (2007). "An Examination of Factors Contributing to a Reduction in Race-Based Subgroup Differences on a Constructed Response Paper-and-Pencil Test of Scholastic Achievement". Journal of Applied Psychology. (92), 794-801.
- Bryan Edwards and D.J. Woehr. (2007). "Examination and Evaluation of Frequency Estimation-Based Personality Measurement". Personality and Individual Differences. (43), 803-814.
- Bryan Edwards and Craig Wallace. (2007). "What you don't know can hurt you: Staying up-to-date with the legal landscape". Alexandria, VA: IPMA-HR News..
- Bryan Edwards, E.A. Day, W. Arthur, and S.T. Bell. (2006). "Relationships Among Team Ability Composition, Team Mental Models, and Team Performance". Journal of Applied Psychology. (91), 727-736.
- Craig Wallace, Bryan Edwards, S. Mondore, and E. Page. (2006). "The Interactive Effects of Litigation Intentions and Procedural Justice Climate on Employee-Employer Litigation Charges". Proceedings of the Society for Industrial & Organizational Psychology..
- E.A. Day, W. Arthur, S.T. Bell, Bryan Edwards, W. Bennett, J.L. Mendoza, and T.C. Tubré. (2005). "Ability-Based Pairing Strategies in the Team-Based Training of a Complex Skill: Does the Intelligence of your Training Partner Matter?". Intelligence. (31), 39-65.
- W. Arthur, S.T. Bell, Bryan Edwards, E.A. Day, T.C. Tubré, and A.H. Tubré. (2005). "Convergence of Self-Report and Archival Crash Involvement Data: A Two-Year Longitudinal Follow-Up". Human Factors. (47), 303-313.
- W. Arthur, Bryan Edwards, S.T. Bell, A. Villado, and W. Bennett. (2005). "Team Task Analysis: Identifying Tasks and Jobs that are Team-Based". Human Factors. (47), 654-669.
- E.A. Day, W. Arthur, B. Miyashiro, Bryan Edwards, T.C. Tubré, and A.H. Tubré. (2004). "Criterion-Related Validity of Different Statistical Operationalizations of Group General Cognitive Ability as a Function of Task-Type: Comparing the Mean, Maximum, and Minimum". Journal of Applied Social Psychology. (34), 1521-1549.
- E.A. Day, W. Arthur, Bryan Edwards, and S.T. Bell. (2003). "Relating Ability and Personality to the Efficacy and Performance of Dyadic Teams". Santa Monica, CA: Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 47th Annual Meeting..
- W. Arthur, Bryan Edwards, and G.V. Barrett. (2002). "Multiple-Choice and Constructed Response Tests of Ability: Race-Based Subgroup Performance Differences on Alternative Paper-and-Pencil Test Formats". Personnel Psychology. (55), 985-1008.
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Eastin Center for Talent Development, Spears School of Business, Associate Director for Research, July 1 2016
- Oklahoma State University, Joe Synar Chair, July 2012
- Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University, Executive Director, Eastin Center for Talent Development, 2011
- Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University, Associate Professor of Management, 2011
- Eastin Center for Talent Development, Spears School of Business, Executive Director, 2013 - February 2016
- Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University, Assistant Professor of Management, July 2009 - 2011
- Department of Psychology, Auburn University, Assistant Professor, 2006 - 2009
- Department of Psychology, Tulane University, Assistant Professor, 2003 - 2006