- About Us
- About Us - Home
- Power of Personal
- Academic Departments
- Offices & Centers
- Deans & Leadership Team
- Honors and Awards
- Rankings and Recognitions
- About William S. Spears
- Map and Directions
- Our New Building
- POP Alert
- Core Curriculum
- Spears School A-Z
- Pete's Pet Posse
- Degree Programs
- Watson Graduate School
- Online Learning
- Breakout Room Reservation
- I Am Building Project
- Building Floor Plans
- Wall Street Journal Access
- New Building
- Apply Now!
Department of Management
William S. Spears Chair in Business
STILLWATER, OK 74078
BiographyFederico Aime is the Spears Chair of Business Administration at the Spears School of Business, at Oklahoma State University. Federico is the author of numerous articles and chapters on the social psychological drivers of organizational decision making and performance. His research has been published in numerous outlets, including the Academy of Management Journal, the Strategic Management journal, the Academy of Management Annals, and the Journal of Management where he serves on the editorial board. He is also an active leader in the development of international scholarly research and faculty capabilities leading programs with a focus on building capabilities in developing economies. He has also received an honorary doctorate from MOI University (Kenya). Before becoming an academic, Dr. Aime occupied several senior management positions in foreign and international organizations such as Citibank and Zurich.
- Other, Moi University, Kenya, 2014
- Ph D, Michigan State University, Management, 2006
- MBA, University of North Carolina, 1995
- BS, Universidad Catolica Argentina, Business Administration, 1988
- Oleg Petrenko, Federico Aime, Tessa Recendes, , and . (2019). "The case for humble expectations: CEO humility and market performance". Strategic Management Journal.
- S.E. Humphrey, Federico Aime, L. Cushenbery, Aaron D. Hill, and J. Fairchild. (2017). "Team conflict dynamics: Implications of a dyadic view of conflict for team performance". Organizational Behaviour and Human Decision Processes. (142), 58-70.
- Aaron D. Hill, Oleg Petrenko, Jason Ridge, and Federico Aime. "Videometric Measurement of Individual Characteristics in Difficult to Access Subject Pools: Demonstrating With CEOs. In Ketchen, D. & Bergh, D, eds: Research Methodology in Strategy and Management". Emerald (Forthcoming).
- Jason Ridge, Aaron D. Hill, and Federico Aime. (2017). "Implications of Multiple Concurrent Pay Comparisons for Top Team Turnover". Journal of Management. http://jom.sagepub.com/content/early/2014/06/19/0149206314539349.full.pdf+html.
- Aaron D. Hill, Federico Aime, and Jason Ridge. (2017). "The Performance Implications of Resource and Pay Dispersion: The Case of Major League Baseball". Strategic Management Journal. (38), 1935-1947.
- Oleg Petrenko, Federico Aime, Jason Ridge, and Aaron D. Hill. (2016). "Corporate Social Responsibility or CEO Narcissism? CSR Motivations and Organizational Performance". Strategic Management Journal. (27), 2, 262-279. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/smj.2348/abstract?campaign=woletoc.
- Jason Ridge, Federico Aime, and Margaret White. (2015). "When Much More of a Difference Makes a Difference: Social Comparison and Tournaments in CEO’s Top Teams ". Strategic Management Journal. (36), 4, 618-636.
- D.K. Tarus and Federico Aime. (2014). "Board Demographic Diversity, Firm Performance and Strategic Change: A Test of Moderation". Management Research Review. (37),
- S.E. Humphrey and Federico Aime. (2014). "Team microdynamics: Towards an organizing approach to teamwork.". Academy of Management Annals. (8), 443-503.
- Federico Aime, S.E. Humphrey, D.S. DeRue, and Jeffrey Paul. (2014). "The riddle of heterarchy: Power transitions in cross-functional teams". Academy of Management Journal. (57), 2,
- Robert Zinko, Gerald R Ferris, Stephen E Humphrey, Christopher J Meyer, and Federico Aime. (2012). "Personal reputation in organizations: Two-study constructive replication and extension of antecedents and consequences". Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology.. (85), 1, 156-180.
- Jason Ridge, Aaron D. Hill, Federico Aime, and Oleg Petrenko. (2012). " Pay structure implications for turnover in the CEO’s top team.". Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings.
- T. DeGroot, Federico Aime, Scott Johnson, and D. Kluemper. (2011). "Does talking the talk help walking the walk? An examination of the effect of vocal attractiveness in leader effectiveness". Leadership Quarterly. (22), 680-689.
- Federico Aime, Lynn Van Dyne, and Oleg Petrenko. (2011). "Role Innovation through Employee Social Networks: The Embedded Nature of Roles and Their Effect on Job Satisfaction and Career Success". Organizational Psychology Review. (4), 339-361.
- Federico Aime and L. Van Dyne. (2010). "Bringing Social Structure to Both Sides of an Issue: How Proximal and Distal Ties Interact with Minority and Majority Positions to Affect Influence in Work Groups,” in R. Martin & M. Hewstone (eds.), Minority Influence and Innovation: Antecedents, Processes and Consequences". New York, NY: Psychological Press; in R. Martin & M. Hewstone (Eds.), Minority influence and innovation: Antecedents, processes, and consequences. 312-340.
- Federico Aime, Scott Johnson, Jason Ridge, and Aaron D. Hill. (2010). "The Routine May be Stable But the Advantage is Not: Competitive Implications of Key Employee Mobility". Strategic Management Journal. (31), 1, 75-87.
- Federico Aime, C.J. Meyer, and S. Humphrey. (2010). "Legitimacy of Group Rewards: Analyzing Legitimacy as a Condition for the Effectiveness of Group Incentive Designs". Journal of Business Research. (63), 1, 60-66.
- G. McNamara, Federico Aime, and P. Vaaler. (2005). "Is Performance Driven by Industry- or Firm-Specific Factors? A Response to Hawawini, Subramanian, and Verdin". Strategic Management Journal. (26), 11, 1083-1086.
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University, Professor, July 2017
- Oklahoma State University, William S. Spears Chair in Business, July 2014
- Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University, Associate Professor, July 2012 - June 2017
- Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University, Assistant Professor, August 2006 - June 2012
- Zurich Financial, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Country Consumer Business Head and President, 2000 - 2003
- Citibank, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Cards Business Vice President, 1997 - 2000
- Citibank, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Cards Marketing Vice President, 1996 - 1997
- Design 103 (Chuchawal-De Wegel Alpha Group), Consultant, August 1995
- Banca Nazionale del Lavoro S.A., Buenos Aires, Argentina, New Products Vice President, 1989 - 1992
- Banca Nazionale del Lavoro S.A., Buenos Aires, Argentina, Product Manager, Electronic Banking, 1988 - 1989
- Cuisine & Vins Magazine, Buenos Aires, Argentina, Entrepreneurial start up, 1984 - 1988