School of Marketing & International Business
Professor of Professional Practice
STILLWATER, OK 74078-4011
BiographyMiriam McGaugh, PhD is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Business Analytics in the School of Marketing and International Business at Oklahoma State University's Spears School of Business. She is the former Director of Community Epidemiology and Evaluation at the Oklahoma State Department of Health where she led a team of analysts who focused on community-based public health initiatives and worked with county health departments across the state on staffing, patient flow and project planning.
Dr. McGaugh's research interests include health care analytics, public health marketing, and social network analysis. Her current courses emphasize descriptive and predictive analytics and several programming languages including SAS, R, and Python and visualization and geographic software including Tableau and ESRI ArcGIS.
- Ph D, Oklahoma State University, Educational Psychology, 2009
- MS, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Epidemiology, 2001
- BS, Oklahoma City University, Biology, 1998
- James Van Scotter, Miriam J McGaugh, Denise McManus, Lauren Agrigento, and Tom Kari. (2019). "Human Trafficking Research: The Persistence and Movement of Phone Numbers in Escort Ads". .
- Saurabh S Kokad and Miriam J McGaugh. (2018). "Examining the Drivers of Hospital Re-admission of Type-2 Diabetic patients". SAS Global Forum 2018 Conference Proceedings.
- James Van Scotter, Miriam J McGaugh, and Denise McManus. (2018). "The Life Expectancy of Phone Numbers in Escort Ads". SAS Global Forum 2018 Conference Proceedings.
- Jennifer L Han and Miriam J McGaugh. (2018). "Working Together for Public Health: Using SAS®, Esri, and Tableau to Enhance Data Presentation". SAS Global Forum 2018 Conference Proceedings.
- L.L. Barnes, D.L. Wheeler, B.C. Laster, Miriam J McGaugh, and A. Morse. (2013). "Development of a scale to measure laypersons’ beliefs about medical knowledge". Health Education Journal. (72), 2, 123-135.
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Oklahoma State University, Professor of Professional Practice, August 2016
- Oklahoma State Department of Health, Chief – Community Epidemiology & Evaluation, January 2011 - July 2016
- Oklahoma State University, Lecturer, August 2009 - May 2016
- Oklahoma State Department of Health, Epidemiologist II, September 2001 - January 2011
Non-Credit Instruction Taught
- , August 3 2021 - August 11 2021
- SSB, May 6 2021
- , August 11 2020 - August 14 2020
- SSB/OU, July 22 2019
- OSU/UNR, January 28 2019
- , August 1 2018 - August 9 2018
- Executive Education Partnership, July 23 2018 - July 27 2018
- , August 28 2017 - December 6 2017
- , September 5 2017 - November 28 2017
- , August 2 2017 - August 10 2017
- Executive Education Partnership, July 24 2017 - July 28 2017
- , August 1 2016 - August 10 2016
- Executive Education Partnership, July 25 2016 - July 29 2016