- About Us
- About Us - Home
- Power of Personal
- Academic Departments
- Offices & Centers
- Deans & Leadership Team
- Honors and Awards
- Rankings and Recognitions
- About William S. Spears
- Map and Directions
- Our New Building
- POP Alert
- Core Curriculum
- Spears School A-Z
- Pete's Pet Posse
- Degree Programs
- Watson Graduate School
- Online Learning
- Breakout Room Reservation
- I Am Building Project
- Building Floor Plans
- Wall Street Journal Access
- New Building
- Apply Now!
Spears School of Business
William S. Spears Chair in Business
Associate Dean of Business Intelligence
STILLWATER, OK 74078
- Ph D, Arizona State University, Accounting, 1993
- MS, Illinois State University, Accounting, 1987
- BS, Illinois State University, Accounting, 1986
- Robert M. Cornell, Carol Johnson, and William C. Schwartz. (2013). "Enhancing Student Experiential Learning with Structured Interviews". Journal of Education for Business. (88), 3, 136-146.
- Robert M. Cornell, Carol Johnson, and William C. Schwartz. (2013). "The Influence of Leadership on Internal Controls and Fraud within Religious Organizations". Journal of Forensic and Investigative Accounting. (5), 1,
- Robert M. Cornell, Carol Johnson, and Janelle Rogers Hutchinson. (2012). "What Believers Don't Want to Believe". Fraud Magazine. (27), 1, 18-23.
- Carol Johnson, Tim Ireland, and Sarah Rector. (2011). "Impact of Deceptive Reclassification of Administrative Expense by Nonprofits on Perceived Levels of Efficiency". Journal of Forensic and Investigative Accounting. (3), 1, 258-305.
- Charlotte Wright, Carol Johnson, and J Shaw. (2007). "Recognition of Fraud Schemes: The Effect of Education and Experience". American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences.
- Carol Johnson and Tim Ireland. (2007). "An Empirical Examination of Manipulation in Components of the Income Statement". Journal of Forensic Accounting. (8), 1, 1-28.
- Carol Johnson. (2006). "Eliciting Useful Reference Checks: They Haven't Been to Jail - But Have They Left a Trail?". Austin, TX: Fraud Magazine. (December 2006),
- Charlotte Wright, Carol Johnson, and Patrick Dorr. (2006). "Employee Recognition and Assessment of Fraud Schemes: An International Perspective". Petroleum Accounting and Financial Management Journal.
- Carol Johnson and Charlotte Wright. (2004). "Make it Easy; They will Come". Internal Auditor. (41), 1,
- Charlotte Wright and Carol Johnson. (2003). "Accounting for Asset Retirement Obligations by Oil and Gas Producing Companies: The Past and the Future". Petroleum Accounting and Financial Management Journal. (2), 2,
- Charlotte Wright, J.r. Shaw, and Carol Johnson. (2003). "Environmental Costs and Tax Policy: The Case of Future Dismantlement, Removal and Restoration Costs". Oil, Gas & Energy Quarterly. (December), 241-258.
- Carol Johnson, Richard Germain, and Cornelia Droge. (1998). "Senior distribution executive tenure impact on organizational design in distribution". Proceedings of the American Marketing Association Winter Educators’ Conference.
- Carol Johnson and Faye Smith. (1997). "The validity of a peer evaluation instrument for team learning and group processes". Accounting Education: A Journal of Theory, Practice, and Research . (2), 1,
- Carol Johnson. (1996). "The impact of currency changes on current and future earnings of foreign subsidiaries". Journal of International Financial Management and Accounting.
- Carol Johnson and M.L. Loudder. (1992). "The information content of audit qualifications". Auditing. (11), 69-82.
Awards and Honors
- Greiner Graduate Teaching Award (2008)
- Regent's Distinguished Teaching Award (2008)
- 2007 Golden Torch Faculty Award (2007)
- Faculty Member of the Month (2006)
- Faculty Member of the Month (2005)
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Oklahoma State University, William S. Spears Chair in Business, January 2015
- Oklahoma State University, Associate Dean of Business Intelligence, January 1 2012
- School of Accounting, Oklahoma State University, Associate Professor, August 1997
- Oklahoma State University, Patrick B. Dorr Professorship, July 2013 - June 2017
- Oklahoma State University, M.S. Coordinator, July 1 2011 - December 31 2011
- School of Accounting, Oklahoma State University, Assistant Professor, August 1992 - July 1997
- Arizona State University, Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant, 1987 - 1992
- Illinois Wesleyan University, Adjunct Instructor, 1987
- Illinois State University, Graduate Teaching/Research Assistant, 1986 - 1987
- The Country Companies, Systems Analyst, Programmer, Actuarial Office Specialist, Secretary, 1976 - 1985
- State Farm Insurance Companies, Word Processor, Stenographer, 1972 - 1976