- About Us
- About Us - Home
- Power of Personal
- Academic Departments
- Offices & Centers
- Deans & Leadership Team
- Honors and Awards
- Rankings and Recognitions
- About William S. Spears
- Map and Directions
- Our New Building
- POP Alert
- Core Curriculum
- Spears School A-Z
- Pete's Pet Posse
- Degree Programs
- Watson Graduate School
- Online Learning
- Breakout Room Reservation
- I Am Building Project
- Building Floor Plans
- Wall Street Journal Access
- New Building
- Apply Now!
Department of Management
STILLWATER, OK 74078
BiographyChalmer Labig is an Associate Professor in the Management Department of the Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University. He focuses on micro businesses both here and abroad. He is working on projects that examine successful start-up operations in Oklahoma, Pasto, Colombia and southern Mexico. He believes that strengthening micro businesses by encouraging entrepreneurs to cooperate with for-profits, NGOs, and enlightened local and regional governments is one approach to boosting local economies in impoverished areas.
- Ph D, University of Texas, Management, 1984
- MA, University of Tennessee, Industrial Psychology, 1971
- BA, Ohio State University, Political Science, 1968
- Lised Tacan and Chalmer Labig. (2017). "Relationships between EO Dimensions and Business Results in Colombia". Little Rock, AR: Proceedings of the Southwestern Academy of Management Meeting.
- Juliet Abdeljawad and Chalmer Labig. (2015). "Empowerment of Egyptian Women through Microcredit Assistance". Journal of Case Research Inquiry.
- Chalmer Labig. (2014). "Sally’s Sewing Center: A Case of ‘Wrong’ Recruits". Napa, CA: Western Case Writer’s Association.
- Mark Nicholas and Chalmer Labig. (2013). "Faculty approaches to assessing critical thinking in the humanities and the natural and social sciences". The Journal of General Education. (62), 4, 297-319.
- Chalmer Labig. (2013). "Promoting women's entrepreneurship in Egypt: The case of the Alexandria Business Association.". Western Case Writer's Association.
- Chalmer Labig. (2009). "Bad Measures Don't Make Good Medicine: The Ethical Implications of Unreliable and Invalid Physician Performance Measures". Journal of Business Ethics.
- Chalmer Labig. (2008). "Appraising Medical Student's Clinical Performance". Proceedings of the Western Academy of Management.
- Chalmer Labig and K. Zantow. (2007). "A Medical Dilemma: How Should Physicians Respond to Patients’ Questions about Pay". Research in Ethical Issues in Organizations. (7), 173-189.
- Chalmer Labig and K. Zantow. (2006). "Niche Hospitals: Controversy and a Research Agenda". Proceedings of the Western Academy of Management, 2006.
- Chalmer Labig and T. Peterson. (2006). "Sexual Minorities and Selection of a Primary Care Physician". Journal of Homosexuality. (51), 3, 1-5.
- Chalmer Labig, K. Zantow, and T. Peterson. (2005). "Factors Affecting Student’s Medicine Taking Habits". Journal of American College Health. (3), 177-183.
Academic, Military, and Professional Positions
- Department of Management, Oklahoma State University, Associate Professor, 1989
- Department of Management, Lingnan University, Hong Kong, Visiting Associate Professor, 1997 - 1998
- Department of Organisational Behaviour, Faculty of Business Administration, National University of Singapore, Visiting Senior Fellow, 1993 - 1996
- Department of Management, Oklahoma State University, Assistant Professor, 1984 - 1989
- University of Texas, Research Assistant, 1980 - 1982
- San Antonio Community Hospital, Human Resource Director, 1979 - 1980
- Defiance Hospital, Human Resource Director, 1975 - 1979
- J.P. Cavanaugh and Associates, Associate, 1973 - 1975
- Sheller-Globe Corporation, Employment Supervisor, 1972 - 1973